Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 9,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market.
At Merkle, we help brands make the people-based marketing transformation. Using a combination of first- and third-party data, we create, target, and measure the highly customized customer experiences that not only drive immediate results in the form of today’s response and conversion, but also build tomorrow’s increased loyalty and customer value. At the heart of these solutions is Merkle’s deep heritage in the data, analytics, and technology capabilities that enable them.
Our capabilities span people-based marketing disciplines: customer strategy, performance media, customer experience and personalization, customer relationship management, loyalty marketing, and enterprise technology services. This have cross functional teams with a lot of skills and understanding of multiple capabilities, UI/UX, Frontend, Backend, Scalability, Security, Performance, Databases, Caches, Microservices, DevOps, SOA, Integration Patterns, etc.
As an AEM Developer you’ll join a team responsible for delivering and supporting world-class Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) solutions. You'll develop responsive front-end components and contribute to all aspects of the AEM Authoring experience including building pages in AEM, training authors, understanding website/authoring issues and enhancement requests. You’ll leverage your strong technical skills in developing seamless and scalable solutions for premier engagements alongside industry experts at Merkle. Merkle may probably feel like home for you if you are developing and want to develop together with us.
• Develop intelligent and scalable engineering solutions from scratch.
• Responsible for component designing, detailed technical designing, development, testing, implementation and maintenance.
• Review and understand business requirements to ensure that development tasks are completed within the timeline provided and that issues are fully tested with minimal defects
• Develop front-end code in a timely and high-quality manner while leveraging site standards including site structure, age templates, navigation and the site information architecture.
• Build AEM authoring components and templates
• Design, develop, and maintain scalable and stable web solutions that meet business needs. • Utilize AEM to layout pages, troubleshoot issues, and train authors of the system.
• 2+ years of experience in implementing Web application, Web Content Management(WCM), and Digital Asset Management(DAM) solutions using AEM platform.
• Well versed with AEM's underlying technology
• Well versed working with Maven/Gradle, HTL & custom taglibs, OSGI services/components, Adobe Cloud services, Workflows, Search (JCR, querybuilder) , DAM.
• Have strong interpersonal skills such as effective listening, empathy, patience and the ability to interface with customers.
• Ability to quickly understand business and technical context in diverse customer environments.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to work effectively across an organization.
• Team player with ability to work individually.
• "Embrace the Unknown" ability - Desire to continually learn and explore new tools, concepts and ideas and then share them with the rest of the team.
• Experience in other Adobe products would be an added advantage (e.g. Adobe DTM, Adobe Campaign , Scene7, Test & Target)
• Experience with AEM as Cloud Service is an added advantage
At Merkle Sokrati, we don't insist on any paid certification as a part of the hiring process.