Senior Analyst, Customer Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Consumers are interacting with brands and making decisions at every moment. By leveraging marketing technology platforms and using cross-channel data brands are positioned to create a unified marketing message and personalized experience for their target audience while driving ROI. Sr. Analysts, Audience Analytics use in-depth knowledge in quantitative database marketing, predictive analytics and segmentation, and an understanding of business processes to develop technical and analytical solutions for clients. They are part of a multifaceted on- and offline analytics team that works closely with other analysts and client relationship managers in the company. You will encounter different analytic problems and be challenged to provide unique and effective solutions in a digital, fast-paced world.
- Provide customer profiling, segmentation analysis, survey design and analysis
- Conduct data analysis and mining, external data enhancement and determine quantitative methods
- Develop effective reporting and dashboards with an objective to evaluate marketing performance and provide recommendations for enhancement
- Help to deliver practical and actionable recommendations-based data analysis
- Work cross-functionally throughout the organization to implement client solution recommendations
- Anticipate project risk and constraints and proactively work on solutions to address the risk/constraints
- Under guidance, responsible to understand client business problems, solution approach, and execute basic analysis and research projects, package and assist in presenting insights to stake holders
Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis.
- Experienced in Python or R required; other platform experience is a bonus
- Strong presentation skills required (PowerPoint)
- Very strong Excel skills required (VBA not necessary)
- Experience with Tableau preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to explain advanced analytical methodology and present results to non-technical audiences
- Ability to discover hidden insights or complex patterns through advanced multi-variate data mining techniques on un-structured business problems
- Ability to execute advanced analytic tasks (including but not limited to modeling, segmentation, DOE, forecasting, etc.) and create meaningful analytical outputs
- Ability to identify areas for statistical innovation or process improvement, do independent research, develop innovative approaches or processes/codes to 1) improve client business results, 2) improve efficiencies, 3) reduce potential errors
- Ability to translate analysis insights into actionable recommendations and strategies for digital marketers
- Ability to create robust analytics solutions to optimize marketing activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in quantitative marketing arena, in database and/or digital (addressable) marketing, including strong understanding of relational database concepts and direct marketing concepts
- Experience applying statistical techniques such as regression, ANOVA, cluster analysis, factor analysis, time series forecasting, experimental and design, etc. to solve business problems (academic experience is acceptable)
- Experience working with financial services firms (lending, banking, investing & insurance) a significant plus. Familiarity with credit bureau data is highly beneficial.
- Possess core analytical competencies such as ability to formulate an analytical problem; QC data and results; Summarize key findings/insights; Make actionable recommendations; and develop new and innovative analytical solutions to solve challenging business problems
- Understanding of digital data including the systems and processes used to generate and manipulate it by media type web, ad, email, mobile, etc. is beneficial but not mandatory
- Possess client/team engagement competencies such as gather specifications, develop analytical roadmap and approach and manage expectations, and coordinate delivery with internal team
- Must be a self-starter with an ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize responsibilities and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Keen problem-solving and trouble-shooting abilities; high level of accuracy and attention to detail
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.