Associate Director – Digital Delivery
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We’re looking for someone passionate about delivering data-driven cross-channel digital media for clients to join our growing Digital Delivery team, who enjoys working part of a diverse team and taking a hands-on approach to driving business value for our clients. The Digital Delivery role involves leading and connecting integrated media teams, acting as a trusted strategic advisor to clients, whilst overseeing integrated media delivery excellence and digital media maturity to drive client business value.
The Associate Director role involves developing and overseeing cross-channel digital media strategies and brief responses to successfully achieve your client portfolio’s KPI’s whilst ensuring high quality digital media campaign delivery. This requires in depth knowledge of the Paid Search, Paid Social and Programmatic digital media channels and platforms, as well as a breadth of understanding of the digital landscape and general marketing principles. The role is diverse and requires the individual to efficiently prioritise and manage multiple work streams to drive the biggest impact, own and nurture the client relationship, lead a large and diverse account team, and have an ability to continuously self-educate in this dynamic digital marketing space.
Life as a Digital Delivery Director at Merkle
- Leadership of your internal cross-channel digital media client account team, implementing and managing effective ways of working to achieve your long-term account vision
- The go-to client facing lead for digital media delivery, building and nurturing long standing strategic partnerships with your clients
- Oversee the running of digital media campaigns across the client life cycle, from planning through to execution, ensuring high quality full funnel integrated media
- Understand your client’s long-term business objectives, aligning your digital media strategy to contribute to their overarching goals
- Drive digital media maturity for your client portfolio, keeping up to date with the digital marketing industry and platform updates to identify new opportunities to help your clients grow
- Contribute to departmental initiatives, collaborating on the strategic development of the Digital Delivery integrated media vision, and helping to constantly evolve our client servicing
- Provide thought leadership through award entries, blogs, case studies and events around integrated media strategies and success stories
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
- A passion for cross-channel digital media delivery
- We anticipate the successful candidate will have circa 4+ years’ experience within a digital media planning function
- Practical experience managing and directing a minimum of two of our core paid media channels: Paid Search, Paid Social, Programmatic
- Proven experience applying strategic thinking to complex campaigns, with a demonstrable track record in achieving and exceeding KPI’s
- Experience of building and nurturing strong client relationships
- Leadership abilities to be able to supervise and support a large account team
- Professional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritise effectively
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.