Paid Search (SEM) Senior Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
As an SEM Senior Manager, you will manage Paid Search campaigns for one of Merkle's clients. You will be the go-to SEM expert, lead daily client communication, and act as the central hub of collaboration across departments including senior level colleagues at Merkle and senior level business leaders at your client. You will lead a team of Analysts to meet your client's paid search goals. You will report into an SEM Director.
- Oversee and guide paid search program for an enterprise-level client
- Be the main contact for your client, third-party vendors, and internal departments for matters involving paid search.
- Develop and execute market strategies for Paid Search campaigns, including developing strategic roadmaps, test plans, risk/benefit analysis, and analyzing results to develop actionable insights.
- Translate objectives from your client into strategy and tactics for paid search campaigns.
- Manage daily campaign activities for paid search, including: bid management, budget allocation, forecasting, performance monitoring, strategic testing, and campaign expansion.
- Employ analytical reasoning, data analysis, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate thought leadership and professional communication skills by developing and delivering client-facing materials, such as presentations, Point of Views, business cases, and performance reports.
- Work with client teams to identify and understand business needs, campaign performance objectives, and opportunities to grow the relationship.
- Provide management and coaching of SEM Analysts - communicating task execution and timeline requirements, strategic guidance, and constructive feedback to aid in their growth. Manage performance evaluations and feedback.
- Monitor and shares industry news, online marketing trends, industry tools, and internal cross-team insights
- 5+ years of Search Engine Marketing (SEM)/Pay-Per-Click (PPC)/Paid Search experience, preferably on the Agency side in the to e-Retail/CPG space
- Experience in Google Ads, Bing Ads, Amazon Marketplace, Criteo, InstaCart, etc.
- Professional presence and communication skills with ability to multiple task across multiple priorities
- Data analysis and problem solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and devise strategic recommendations based on findings
- Microsoft Excel skills: pivot tables, vlookups, and chart building.
- Additional SEM software skills a plus (e.g. SA360, Tableau, Hitwise)
- B.A./B.S. required
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.