REMOTE Senior React Developer
Isobar is a digital agency committed to delivering robust, innovative, world-class solutions. We design and build everything from content-rich brand experiences to sophisticated business platforms to dynamic media and entertainment apps. Isobar’s breadth of clientele means that our people have a broad range of industry and platform opportunities to explore. Full collaboration between our technology, user experience, creative, business, and marketing teams ensures we create complex, award-winning, slam-dunk work.
Isobar is seeking Senior Interactive Developers who have proven experience developing and supporting web applications utilizing all front-end technologies. Candidates must have experience working in structured environments following Agile methodologies.
Candidates will take direction from managers and tech leads while communicating issues, providing estimates, and helping to envision creative solutions to technical issues. Senior Interactive Developers must identify project risks, raise concerns with project leadership, and provide alternatives to handling risks by working with creative, experience, and development team members to identify and resolve issues.
The ideal candidate will have experience interfacing with various back-end technologies as well as frameworks and services. Senior Interactive Developers at Isobar must demonstrate the ability to master new / emerging technologies, stay up-to-date with relevant technologies, and proactively suggest architecture changes and new coding practices. They must also take initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions, including leading code reviews and mentoring more junior developers.
The candidate must have consulting experience, be a team player with a positive attitude, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position may require travel.
● Experience with templating engines (e.g., Mustache, FreeMarker, Razor)
● Thorough understanding of responsive design, browser behavior and compatibility, and cross-browser optimization / troubleshooting
● Solid knowledge of the concepts and advantages of using compression and other optimization techniques (sprites, etc.) to improve front-end performance
● Able to develop against common, open APIs (Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
● Solid knowledge of common creational, structural, and behavioral design patterns and programming models
● Familiar with data modeling and the relationship between front-end development and back-end data sources
● Working knowledge in implementing custom visualization (data, graphics, animations, etc.)
● Experience implementing a given layout into a functioning interactive design
● Familiar with at least one tool to analyze performance within a system (e.g., Java profilers, DB profilers, etc.)
● Proficient in several programming languages, web technologies, and technical architectures
● Able to design and implement modules of code, leveraging best practices as examples for junior developers
● Ability to troubleshoot, debug, performance-tune, and optimize a module of code
● Working knowledge of front-end optimization tools (e.g., Rhino or YUI for JS Compression) and web server gzip compression
● Familiarity with optimization tools (e.g., integration with Omniture/Optimost/DTM/etc.)
Nice to Have
● Experience with NodeJS
● Experience with XML technologies such as XSD, XSL, XPATH
● Design and conceptual skills
● Experience with Adobe Photoshop and other graphic-editing tools
● Experience with source code management tools (e.g., Git, SVN, Ant, Maven)
● Familiar with Scrum or other Agile methodologies
● Able to produce quality design documents acceptable for client consumption
● Ability to document solutions using proven methods (UML, flow charting, ER diagrams)
● Able to help set up and configure a local development environment and build process, including exposure to build systems (e.g., Gulp, Grunt, Webpack) and unit testing
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.