Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Deliverability Strategist provides close analytical monitoring of email campaigns and specifically supports new deliverability work for a valued Merkle client. This person is responsible for real-time monitoring and issue identification of our client’s email marketing. This person will work to investigate any spikes in bounces or changes in sending metrics and alert both Merkle and client teams and work towards remediation of issues as close to real-time as possible.
- Monitor email delivery reports and alerts from 250ok and Return Path for Fortune 500 clients
- Establish and maintain business relationships with larger Internet Service Providers, email inbox providers, email filtering companies, and anti-spam solution vendors
- Access our email platforms’ SMTP bounce logs and report on the volume and severity of email campaign rejections
- Troubleshoot and remediate email deliverability issues
- Be a steward of good deliverability practices by training our larger email and strategy teams on the latest industry trends, updates, and technology
- Consult internally and externally on list hygiene recommendations, email deliverability best practices, IP warming strategy, and optimal email deployment details
- Represent Merkle at email deliverability industry events
Key Skills and Experience
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or work experience that demonstrates comparable abilities
- 2+ years’ experience in information technology or marketing analytics
- Knowledge of the major ISPs/providers, email marketing, anti-spam technologies, and both the sender and receiver sides of email
- Experience monitoring or reporting on campaign-level email marketing data
- An ability to tailor your message to the audience at hand, whether it’s delivered via email, presentation, report, or conference call
- Innovative thinker who can formulate conclusions having both the email sender and receiver in mind
- Experience with Return Path or 250ok a plus
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational database concept
- 1+ years of experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and similar platforms (Adobe Campaign, Oracle Responsys, etc.)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.