Implementation Marketing Campaign Developer (Can be Remote anywhere in USA)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Merkle, an innovative leader in Marketing Technology, is seeking an Implementation Marketing Campaign Developer to work on several high-profile Digital Campaign Solution Implementations. This position sits in the Campaign Implementations Delivery Team. This role will play an integral part in the delivery of a digital marketing campaign solution that meets the client’s business needs and requirements, utilizing the Merkle Implementation methodology and strategy.
This individual will be responsible for understanding marketing campaign requirements, documenting those requirements, and building the actual campaigns to those specifications in the Digital Campaign Management Solution. This role will work with the broader Implementation Team to ensure project timelines are met and deliverables meet the requirements. The Implementation Marketing Campaign Developer requires knowledge of the marketing campaign lifecycle, technical data structures that support the marketing campaigns, and campaign management software.
- Work with development, deployment, and production areas of the business to craft new solutions using campaign management tools (such as: Adobe Campaign, RedPoint, Unica).
- Capable of completing campaign activities individually and as part of a larger team adhering to the campaign build schedule
- Lead and provide direction to a team of developers to ensure requirements are clear, schedules are aligned and work is being completed as planned
- Provide input and help drive marketing campaign builds in the new campaign solution being implemented
- Assist with gathering marketing campaign requirements and gain clear understanding of the business needs
- Ability to translate business needs to technical development requirements
- Provide input and ideas during design phase of the marketing campaigns process
- Operate as a key team member working side by side with other developers to build campaigns and help guide the team
- Perform and assist other developers with campaign validation and QA of the campaigns built from start to end
- Responsible for producing documentation and other campaign deliverables to the client and/or our internal teams
- Adhere to campaign build timelines and escalate issues as soon as they arise
- Track and monitor campaign build timelines based on client requirements, resolve issues with the builds and report status in a timely manner
- Respond to internal requests for assistance for deployed campaign platforms within our production organization.
Experience with Marketing Campaign Management such as
- Direct Mail
- Email Marketing
- Customer Journey Orchestration
- Cross Channel Marketing
- Offer Management
- Segmentation and Targeting
- Marketing Campaign Lifecycle, inclusive of expertise in marketing campaigns, all aspects, from defining requirements, designing the data structures to support campaign execution, understanding the data at a very detailed level, design of the campaign itself, QA, and campaign execution
- Understanding of the campaign process, as well as supporting processes and is particularly skilled at managing the process
Experience with at least one of the following Campaign Management tools
- Adobe Campaign
- IBM Unica
Additional Tool Experience
- Work Queue management software (Team Track, Jira, etc.)
- File management tools (PGP, Text Editors, CuteFTP, FileZilla, etc.)
- SQL for data analysis leveraging SQL Server, Teradata, Redshift, etc.
- Ability to decipher campaign logic and deconstruct rules into business language
- Other campaign tools including Salesforce, other Adobe modules, etc
- Email Development a plus
- Solid foundational understanding of database architecture and database concepts
- In-depth knowledge of Marketing tools, including set up and execution of marketing campaigns from these tools
- Background in campaign execution and building workflows, leading campaign execution teams, and experience in campaign management with multi-function teams
- A self-driven, detail-oriented, and organized individual who has strong time management skills allowing them to manage multiple key activities at the same time
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Management, or related field
- Team player, collaborator, proven track record of cohesiveness
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel and PowerPoint
- Detail-oriented and organized - able to balance changing workload
- Excellent verbal communication and comprehension skills
- Experience in technical documentation
- Understanding of CRM and/or digital marketing
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.