Senior Business Analyst.
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
- Capture and model the as is and to be business processes
- Work with the Project Manager and Subject Matter Experts to challenge and define the scope via business analysis using appropriate elicitation and documentation techniques to ensure full Business understanding;
- Document and manage functional and non-functional requirements by running brainstorming sessions, interviews, workshops and other requirements gathering techniques as appropriate
- Translate the requirements into detailed specifications in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria,
- Create and manage traceability matrixes that allow all requirements to be traced from business demand to solution, testing, defect management and delivery
- Closely collaborate with the technical and development teams (onsite and/or offshore);
- Create and update solution design documentation.
Domain subject-matter expert:
- Bring in-depth knowledge and experience of data related projects, including Master Data
- Management systems (solution integration, data models, data exchange, APIs, …) and Data
- Management (data capture, monitoring, processing, alert and data visualization) transversal to big international organizations;
- Capable of proactively proposing improvements to the supporting Information Systems as well as suggesting process improvements through business process analysis;
- Propose alternative technical and business solutions;
- Has hands-on expertise on front end solutions design, including UX & access management;
- Maintain a business knowledge base through process documentation and securing ICT business knowledge.
- Contribute to the definition of the overall testing strategy and test plans
- Document functional test cases
- Execute functional tests
- Perform defect management, liaising with development teams and suppliers;
- Ensure change requests are identified, documented and included in the project management process;
- Work on the training material and participate to the training of Business users;
- Support the handover and training of Business users.
- Project management approach is Agile.
- Minimum 10 years of experience of Business Analysis within data related projects, ideally in big international organizations including complex and diverse process definition in a global context
- Experience of transversal initiatives is a must have (program, portfolio, multi-team projects, crossfunctional solutions, etc)
- Experience in Agile methodologies is a must have
- Experience on designing APIs for managing and sharing information between solutions is an asset
- Experience on delivering Front End solutions to end users (UX) is an asset
- Experience on GIS solutions is a plus
- Proven capacity to work in an international environment (English speaking teams) and multilocation teams
- Strong general knowledge of the IT world and technologies
- Experience of Business Process Modelling (BPMN 2.0) is an asset
- MS TFS experience an asset
- Advanced university degree preferably in business administration and/or IT;
- Business analysis certification (e.g. CCBA, CBAP) or other suitable professional certification is desirable
Profile and skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French
- Capacity to quickly understand multiple new concepts in parallel and identify impacts on the existing Information System
- Capacity to quickly jump between business topics and technical topics, with great ability to translate both needs and constrains of each side (role of facilitator, interface between IT and Business)
- Proactive and results-oriented; strong ability to prioritize
- Identification and proposition of alternative (and improved) solutions, processes and ways of working
- Excellent communication and listening skills in order to capture the information required
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; thorough and precise
- Adept at collecting, synthesizing, interpreting, and summarizing data
- Capacity to efficiently organize and facilitate interviews, workshops and surveys
- Ability to work autonomously, while also being a strong team player and accustomed to driving
- change forward
- Ability to translate complex questions into practical strategies and to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Sense of initiative and ability to critically examine issues and find constructive solutions
- Excellent presentation skills
We work with highly motivated people, who support and enrich each other. We live the possibilities of the digital world through home office, meaning you can work anywhere with flexible (annual) working hours. We also value face-to-face exchanges - coffee or tea, biscuits or fruit are all welcomed on board and shared throughout our offices.
If you ever feel the need to take a break from the digital world, we love to get hands on together and use pens, paper, and whiteboards for brainstorming sessions. Need to clear your head? Hit the foosball table, PlayStation, massage bench or yoga mat. For networking and (brain) food, we offer regular exchange formats, like meetings, tech labs and more. Not enough? We are full believers in education and support training, whether it be internally or externally. We support you.
If you feel inspired by us, we’ll probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal consultancies - we only work with selected partners.
Beatriz Pérez Rodríguez
Talent Acquisition Team Manager