Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Interaction Studio) Consultant
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. Merkle is part of dentsu and for more than 30 years, has partnered with Fortune 1000 companies to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. Our heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for our unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive customer experience transformation.
Our combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC
Customer Experience Platforms (CXPs) are technologies which help organizations to manage end-to-end customer experiences. They listen to how consumers are behaving across channels (e.g, web, app, email), combine this with data points from other systems, understand which devices belong to the same person, and then allow you to make use of this connected data in a central place – managing audiences, deciding how best to personally engage each individual down to a one-to-one level, and finally sending that decision to other technologies to ensure a consistent & relevant experience is delivered for the end-consumer, regardless of whether it’s activated in inbound channels like web & app personalization, media or customer services, or outbound channels like email, SMS or sales.
This is a very dynamic and exciting area with significant growth in the market, and we are hiring for dedicated roles to support our delivery in this space. Some of the technologies are relatively new, so we encourage candidates to apply if they feel they meet the core skill requirements, alongside the level of experience we require. If you have a logical problem-solving mind, strong communication skills, and strong technical skills in web coding languages, please read on.
The Customer Experience Platform Consultant will be responsible for supporting the delivery of CXP projects for our clients. Additionally, they will help to grow the internal capabilities of our team and to develop our CXP proposition.
The role will cover a broad spectrum of responsibilities focused on solution architecture and delivery, to drive our clients’ data maturity and enable them to get the most out of their technology stack. It is expected that you will also contribute to Merkle’s thought-leadership and help to continuously develop our CXP processes and people.
This role gives you responsibility for delivering high-quality CXP projects and strategic direction across your own client portfolio, with potential for line management should you wish to take on that responsibility.
The role is diverse and requires the individual to efficiently prioritise and manage multiple work streams at once, effectively communicate with clients, direct reports and more senior colleagues, and have an ability to continuously self-educate in this dynamic space. It’s a fast-paced role that will never leave you sitting around twiddling your thumbs!
Life as a Customer Experience Platform Consultant at Merkle
The CXP Consultant will play a key role throughout the delivery of our CXP projects to deliver world-class, enterprise digital solutions that meet our client’s business objectives and customer needs:
- They will support the onboarding/discovery process, joining workshops with key stakeholders to generate data-driven hypotheses and use cases in the context of the customer lifecycle. They will work with the Solution Architect to execute strategies for channel, data & identity architecture – delivering best practice, scalable platform designs
- As the CXP projects move onto the solution design and build phases, the CXP Consultant will support further workshops to dive into each channel in detail, map out integrations needed to other systems, define content zones for personalization and translate data collection requirements (both user and business context). They will help identify the different identity keys that exist within the client’s technology ecosystem and map their uniqueness/scope. They will author coding guides that surface user identities, events and user-level variables within a data layer. They will deliver the technical coding of site mapping to enable tracking in the CXP data model.
- As the CXP projects move onto the activation phase – designing and building use cases (campaigns / experiences) in each channel – they will support the data-driven design of end state journeys (sequences of steps to be orchestrated) and the customer-facing touchpoints that will need to be configured as part of the experience. They will support in the construction of segmentation and decisioning rules (logic around what makes a consumer eligible to receive a particular message, leveraging machine learning models as needed). They will build re-usable templates that can be deployed by business users on the client side, alongside documentation for configurable fields and building of control and variant experiences.
Additionally, the CXP Consultant will support the internal growth and development of our CXP proposition:
- Stay current on industry insights and innovation to develop Merkle’s agile ways of working and drive efficiency whilst ensuring they reflect current best practices or advance them.
- Drive excellence through thought-leadership, coaching and creative problem-solving.
- Support internal innovation sessions and other collaboration initiatives to share knowledge and drive engagement and continuous learning within the CXP delivery team.
- Coach and support more junior members of the team, with line management responsibility for up to four people if desired (capacity/resource planning, development plans, performance reviews, coaching etc.)
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognize that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
- Passionate about customer experience & digital transformation, with a proven track record in Marketing and Data Operations.
- Experienced in deploying Salesforce technology solutions – ideally in Interaction Studio (also known as Evergage), with knowledge of the broader Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Some knowledge of SQL, Python also preferable.
- Able to work well under pressure, with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and tailor their communication to different audiences (based on seniority, technical knowledge etc.).
- Proven track record of supporting cross-platform digital projects with large groups of distributed stakeholders and project team members.
- Experience of building and deploying solutions across markets and/or brands preferable.
- Experience with other CXPs/CDPs would be a plus (Adobe Experience Platform, Thunderhead, Exponea, Tealium Audience Stream).
- Experience managing or mentoring more junior members of the team is a plus.
- Desire to be part of a rapidly growing capability within a world-class CXM agency (see below section).
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time. Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.