Senior Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Interaction Studio) Consultant
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. Merkle is part of dentsu and for more than 30 years, has partnered with Fortune 1000 companies to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. Our heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for our unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive customer experience transformation.
Our combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC
Customer Experience Platforms (CXPs) are technologies which help organizations to manage end-to-end customer experiences. They listen to how consumers are behaving across channels (e.g, web, app, email), combine this with data points from other systems, understand which devices belong to the same person, and then allow you to make use of this connected data in a central place – managing audiences, deciding how best to personally engage each individual down to a one-to-one level, and finally sending that decision to other technologies to ensure a consistent & relevant experience is delivered for the end-consumer, regardless of whether it’s activated in inbound channels like web & app personalization, media or customer services, or outbound channels like email, SMS or sales.
This is a very dynamic and exciting area with significant growth in the market, and we are hiring for dedicated roles to support our delivery in this space. Some of the technologies are relatively new, so we encourage candidates to apply if they feel they meet the core skill requirements, alongside the level of experience we require. If you have a logical problem-solving mind, strong communication skills, and an ability to understand the big picture and piece disparate things together into cohesive solutions, please read on.
The Senior Customer Experience Platform Consultant will be responsible for two key deliverables: leading the delivery of CXP projects for our clients and supporting the internal growth and development of our CXP proposition.
The client-facing side of the role will cover a broad spectrum of responsibilities focused on solution architecture to drive our clients’ data maturity and enable them to get the most out of their technology stack. The internal responsibilities will include thought-leadership, shaping our go to market strategy and leading the continuous development of our CXP processes and people. This is a fast-paced role that will never leave you sitting around twiddling your thumbs.
Life as a Senior Customer Experience Platform Consultant at Merkle
The Senior CXP Consultant will play a key role throughout the delivery of our CXP projects to deliver world-class, enterprise digital solutions that meet our client’s business objectives and customer needs:
- They will lead the onboarding/discovery process, running workshops with key stakeholders to generate data-driven hypotheses and use cases in the context of the customer lifecycle. They will prioritize the use cases using business value justification. They will determine strategies for channel, data & identity architecture, in the context of the client’s technology stack. They will work with the Project Manager to map out end-to-end deliverables and dependencies.
- As the CXP projects move onto the solution design and build phases, the Senior CXP Consultant will lead further workshops to dive into each channel in detail, map out integrations needed to other systems, define content zones for personalization and translate data collection requirements (both user and business context). They will identify the different identity keys that exist within the client’s technology ecosystem and map their uniqueness/scope. They will work with the wider team to align the solution design to the client’s business requirements and plans for scaling in future. They will support the technical coding of site mapping to enable tracking in the CXP data model.
- As the CXP projects move onto the activation phase – designing and building use cases (campaigns / experiences) in each channel – they will lead the data-driven design of end state journeys (sequences of steps to be orchestrated) and the customer-facing touchpoints that will need to be configured as part of the experience. They will architect solutions to efficiently deliver use cases at scale across markets and brands. They will architect the logic of segmentation and decisioning rules (logic around what makes a consumer eligible to receive a particular message, leveraging machine learning models as needed). They will lead on the assembly of re-usable templates that can be deployed by business users on the client side, alongside documentation for configurable fields and building of control and variant experiences.
Additionally, the Senior CXP Consultant will be critical to the internal growth and development of our CXP proposition:
- Stay current on industry insights and innovation to develop Merkle’s agile ways of working to drive efficiency whilst ensuring they reflect current industry best practices or advance them.
- Drive excellence through thought-leadership, coaching and creative problem-solving.
- Lead internal innovation sessions and other collaboration initiatives to share knowledge and drive engagement and continuous learning within the CXP delivery team.
- Build relationships with key technology partners in the CXP space to drive leads and facilitate access to partner-led training. Work with them to collaboratively increase the capabilities of the CXP team.
- Work closely with the Sales and Commercial and Strategy teams to develop and iterate our CXP go to market strategy and sales materials.
- Collaborate and align with other Merkle departments to prompt synergies and cross-sell.
- Direct line management responsibilities for up to three people (however, this will be dependent on the candidate’s preference).
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognize that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
- Passionate about customer experience & digital transformation, with a proven track record in Marketing and Data Operations.
- Experienced in architecting and deploying Salesforce technology solutions – ideally in Interaction Studio (also known as Evergage), with knowledge of the broader Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Some knowledge of SQL, Python also preferable.
- Able to work well under pressure, with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders (department head / director-level) and tailor their communication to different audiences (based on seniority, technical knowledge etc.).
- Proven track record of managing cross-platform digital projects with large groups of distributed stakeholders and project team members.
- Experience of building and deploying solutions across markets and/or brands highly desired.
- Experience with other CXPs/CDPs would be a plus (Adobe Experience Platform, Thunderhead, Exponea, Tealium Audience Stream).
- Experience managing or mentoring more senior members of the team is a plus.
- Desire to lead and develop a rapidly growing capability within a world-class CXM agency (see below section).
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time. Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.