AEM Technical Architect
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Whilst this role is permanent, we are also open to contractors
Merkle sit in the sweet spot between consultancy, creative agencies, and the typical system integrators. Our projects focus heavily on Customer Experience Management.
Within Merkle, the Experience Platform team create content managed customer experiences for a wide range of clients. We span a number of technologies but our primary tool is Adobe Experience Manager. We are globally renowned and have Platinum Partner status with Adobe. Our AEM projects include new Site and Asset implementations alongside a number of ongoing managed service clients.
Over the past few years, we have also designed and implemented some truly innovative projects across the Adobe Experience Cloud. These including the first EMEA production launch with Adobe Experience Platform, and examples where we are pushing AEM’s headless capabilities to deliver dynamic, omni-channel personalisation through Adobe and non-Adobe platforms.
Life as an AEM Technical Architect
To support our recent growth a new role has opened for an AEM Architect to join the UK team. The ideal person would share our passion for delivering excellent customer and business user experiences. The core focus for this role will be:
- On new implementations covering both Sites and Assets.
- You will be a key figure within our team and work between stakeholder groups (internal and external) to help shape the right solution through the technology. As a lead figure we would like you to be able to guide development teams and help shape how they are structured to produce high quality work.
What we are looking for in you
- Experience of defining solutions using AEM up to version 6.5
- Knowledge of Adobe Manage Services, any experience with AEMaaS will be beneficial
- Able to show where you have provided leadership to both development teams and clients
- Understanding of typical DevOps tooling which supports AEM development such as GIT, Jenkins, Sonar
- Experience in using AEM Core components
- Setting up multi-site, multi-lingual deployments in AEM which rely on component reusability
- A solid background in Java and ability to conduct AEM code reviews
- An understanding of wider solution considerations such as performance, scale, maintainability, security
- Any experience across other Adobe tools will be beneficial, such as DTM, Analytics, Campaign, Target, AEP
- Supporting the creation of project estimations
- Knowledge of front-end programming languages and frameworks
- Generate solution design and business requirements documentation
- Knowledge of Experience and Content fragments
- Experience of working with User Experience designers to guide and validate creative for translation into AEM
We can offer an exciting and enjoyable working environment. One where there are constant opportunities to grow and shape your career.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.