Junior Product Manager- Data Lake
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
As a Jr. Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for the Product Lifecycle and the Agile process. You'll be delivering and successfully launching new solutions that solve complex problems. You’ll work closely with internal stakeholders and teams to aid in the design and development of our cloud based data lake. Our ideal Product Manager has experience working with data and understanding data consumption needs. Keys to success for this role are strong attention to detail, great interpersonal and relationship building skills, and commitment to people over process while ensuring the process runs effectively and efficiently.
- Be part of a product team defining new, innovative people-based digital media applications
- Provide product management leadership for corporate stakeholders, product owners, customers, end-users, and development teams
- With the product owner, define and manage the product and its roadmap
- Conduct, manage, and mentor others on agile methodologies
- Understand the ‘why’ behind feature requests; aggregate and articulate those as guiding strategic product opportunities
- Elicit and gather product requirements using interviews, workshops, surveys, scenarios, task and workflow analysis
- Translate requirements into agile epics and user stories, with measurable and testable acceptance criteria
- Run and manage the Agile process, including daily standups, planning meetings, sprints, demos, and retrospectives
- With the Product Owner, determine each quarters goals, prioritize the backlog, and manage the iterative directional roadmap based on business value and needs
- Work hand-in-hand with the engineering lead to build sprint plans that meet business goals
- Regularly communicate progress to the senior management and our stakeholders in the form of release notes, emails, webcasts, and presentations
- Bridge the gap between customer success and engineering to ensure existing solutions continuously
- 1+ years experience with cloud based data warehousing solutions
- 1+ years of Agile experience, specifically running agile projects and teams
- 1+ years as a Product Manager working directly with stakeholders: customers, end-users, clients, executives, product owners, etc.
- 1+ years experience with Data lakes
- 1+ years experience with AWS
- 1+ years of digital media experience and domain knowledge
- 1+ years of working in/with software development teams
- Fluent in UX/UI design and development
- Knowledge of CCPA compliance laws as it relates to PPI
- Familiarity with data visualization, especially for “big data”
- Provide Tier 1 support for the solution
- Excellent writing and communication skills, especially describing complex concepts with simple, plain-language examples
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to create and present presentation for quarterly business reviews
- Translating user feedback into actionable goals
- Snowflake( Nice to have)
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.