Java Tech Lead
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
We love agility and at the same time we can only work as agile as our customers are. Every project is unique - not only because of that. Do you fancy the adventure of working in both worlds? Coding is your passion? To enrich others with your inputs, to give open feedback and to advance your team professionally makes you happy? Then read on!
Your day as Java Tech Lead*
The development of complex web applications in the Java environment and the customer specific implementation of Java-based Content Management Solutions is one of our core competencies. This person must be hands-on in understanding project requirements, implementation methodologies, and processes. Coaching of Software Engineers will also be part of the role.
Join our interdisciplinary team of designers, consultants and software engineers and help develop integrated solutions based on SAP Hybris Suite. The whole team is looking forward to welcoming established and innovative colleagues. Your range of tasks covers the entire software development process as well as leading and motivating your team to deliver high-quality, maintainable code. As a Java Tech Lead* you like to coach younger team members, you are willing to share your knowledge internally and externally, and you have strong organizational skills.
- Mentor a team of engineers, while also being heavily hands-on with coding
- Manage the local team and contribute to the team’s strategy, processes, and methodologies
- Provide technical leadership for the successful delivery of the project
- Coach and drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Development of online shop based on SAP Hybris for our long-term client
- work closely together with our customers and develop tailormade solutions through supporting in the design phase and then implementing them
- University or college degree in computer science or business computer science or similar education is a plus
- 3+ year of experience in Java development
- Extensive experience with Java-based e-commerce solutions
- Extensive experience with the SAP Commerce (hybris) framework in both commerce and content management environments is a plus.
- Strong understanding of OO principles, software design patterns
- Expert knowledge of web technologies (Java/J2EE)
- Excellent understanding of Spring framework (Mostly Spring Core, Spring Security and Spring MVC).
- Knowledge in the areas of Web Services (SOAP/REST), XML, XSL
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases.
- Advanced knowledge of Git and with CI/CD.
- Experience with fulltext search engines (SOLR is a plus).
- Experience with Groovy is a plus.
- Strong personal initiative and willingness to lead and mentor a team
- Strong planning, organizing, and coordinating skills
- Fun working in an interdisciplinary team
- Determination to learn and further develop; team player & contributor
- Willingness to build professional relationships with staff and clients
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Very good English skills
We work with highly motivated people, who support and enrich each other. We live the possibilities of the digital world through home office, meaning you can work anywhere with flexible (annual) working hours. We also value face-to-face exchanges - coffee or tea, biscuits or fruit are all welcomed on board and shared throughout our offices.
If you ever feel the need to take a break from the digital world, we love to get hands on together and use pens, paper, and whiteboards for brainstorming sessions. Need to clear your head? Hit the foosball table, PlayStation, massage bench or yoga mat. For networking and (brain) food, we offer regular exchange formats, like meetings, tech labs and more. Not enough? We are full believers in education and support training, whether it be internally or externally. We support you.
If you feel inspired by us, we’ll probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal consultancies - we only work with selected partners.
Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner
Phone: +381 69 789 039