Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Merkle is looking to introduce a UX/UI Designer to join its Digital Experience team to support the UX/UI design and delivery for creating digital experiences for clients. In creating best in class work, Merkle looks to use data to personalise experiences, and balance design with performance.
The role entails working across Strategy, UX and UI design disciplines, to create high performance digital experiences. Including customer journey mapping, site maps, high fidelity UX/UI designs, wireframes, interactive prototypes & usability testing.
Life as a UX/UI Designer at Merkle
- Work across a diverse range of projects, clients and industries.
- Deliver across the full UX/UI spectrum of strategy, insight, innovation, creation, testing and optimisation.
- Understand consumer needs, perform competitive analysis, user testing and develop insight to aid in the development of the digital experience strategy and inform design decisions.
- Visualise concepts to represent user journeys, personas, goals and information models.
- Conceptualize and develop design solutions, wireframes and interactive prototypes to depict proposed functionality to customers. Ensure solutions are robust, well thought out and that design decisions have been based on best practice, facts and evidence.
- Interface with clients, refine requirements, guide developers and project managers in all aspects of design and UX/UI processes.
- Work with optimisation teams and data specialists to develop testing and optimisation plans to further improve designs.
- Further enhance your knowledge and experience with training, conferences, events.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
What we are looking for in you
- UX/UI specialist with experience and passion for delivering high quality digital experiences across websites & apps, including personalised data driven experiences.
- Circa 3 years strong UX/UI work experience which can be demonstrated through examples of relevant best in class work, developed whilst at comparable roles within a leading brand, design and build agency and/or management consultancy.
- Highly competent in core web design and working with Experience Platforms, such as AEM, Sitecore, Episerver.
- A strong background in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Leading and participating in client workshops to define the strategy and customer experience.
- Experience with mapping user stories, customer journeys and research as part of the design process. Including but not limited to desk research, user testing, A/B & multi-variant testing.
- Competent in the use of leading wireframe / prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch and Invision.
- Understanding and experience of working in software development lifecycles and with agile development processes is essential
- Previous team management and resourcing experience required along with leading projects that require co-ordination across cross functional teams to deliver.
- General business management experience also required on managing budgets, leading client engagements, team management.
- Commercially aware with an understanding of ROI and online marketing metrics.
- Excellent communication and presentation skill, and comfortable leading stakeholder workshops and influencing clients.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.