Software Design Engineer
Merkle | Sokrati, a leader in Digital Marketing and Analytics, managing Digital Marketing campaigns for several large brand clients in India. We are currently a 750+ people team; and growing extremely fast to gain more market share and roll out even cooler technology solutions in Digital Advertising space.
Summary of role:
▪ The Java Developer contributes in the backend API technology stack,
▪The Java Dev works with the product and design teams to understand end user requirements and use cases and translate them pragma tic and effective technical solutions.
▪As well as improvements to DevOps tooling
▪ Shaping and implementing technology / business solutions to contribute to client organization's competitive differentiation
▪ Uses various software development technologies to rapidly develop creative and efficient
solutions that enhance client organization s technology stack
▪ Collaborates with other team members to implement user stories, write tests, and continuously deliver new / improved product functionality
▪ Communicates with internal IT teams to resolve technical dependencies during implementation
▪ Reporting to Java TL
▪ 5 + years history of total software development
▪ Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or similar, advanced degree preferred with
outstanding record of academic achievement.
▪ Experience working in JVM based programming languages like Java 11 and Kotlin
and modern backend frameworks like Spring Boot 2
▪ Significant experience writing, utilizing and securing RESTful API services in large
scale distributed applications.
▪ Experience with micro service architectures, including understanding of service
discovery and circuit breakers.
▪ Experience in build scripts Maven, CI Jenkins and Rabbit MQ is a plus.
▪ Experience with relational and non relational (e.g., MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB,
CouchDB, Cassandra, ElasticSearc h etc.) data stores.
▪ Experience in engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, test
driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications,
▪ Experience in container technologies like Docker / Kubernetes a plus.
▪ Experience in agile development methodologies
- An opportunity to work with one of India’s most promising companies in a genuine growth hacking role
- Unparalleled learning opportunities in the company of ridiculously smart folks with very high levels of expertise in their respective functions
- Fantastically transparent, vibrant and positive work culture