Senior Manager - Advertising Consultancy
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Every year a larger share of advertising & marketing is being bought digitally, and companies are turning to advanced technologies to help them make the most of their budgets. However, implementing advertising technologies is complex, challenging, and ever-changing, which is why it takes specialist knowledge to ensure it’s done correctly.
As an Senior Advertising Data & Technology Consultant, you will lead projects to advise some of the world’s biggest companies on how they should architect and implement advertising technologies, including Google Marketing Platform, Adobe Experience Cloud and Salesforce Marketing Cloud, to ensure they are able to deliver best-in-class digital advertising. You will also help companies to measure the impact of their media activity using a variety of tracking technologies.
Due to the growing importance of digital data and analytics within organisations, you will play a crucial role in helping clients to transform not just their advertising, but their overall approach to business.
Life as a Senior Advertising Data & Technology Consultant at Merkle
- Lead and oversee discovery sessions with clients to deeply understand their businesses, and transform their complex needs into simple technology requirements
- Advise clients on how their advertising technologies should be setup and integrated with each other
- Lead the presentation of architecture proposals to clients and win buy-in for your recommendation from senior points of contacts
- Train the client, their teams and their agency partners on how you’ve architected and implemented their advertising technologies, and how they should adhere to the best practices you’ve defined moving forwards
- Drive commercials and technical relationships with media, measurement, data and analytics companies
- Work with technical vendor personnel to suggest and test product improvements
- Manage a small team of more junior Advertising Data & Technology Consultants to ensure they are delivering best-in-class work and developing appropriately
- Support in the advancement of existing services lines and development of others
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
- 6+ years digital marketing, advertising and/or analytics experience
- Strong knowledge of the Google Marketing Platform stack
- Experience with working directly with senior clients and/or senior internal stakeholders, including leading meetings and presentations
You will also likely align with the following:
- Able to quickly absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to both technical and non-technical clients alike
- Have a natural desire to learn everything possible about a given system, and will question not just what something is, but why it works in the way it does
- Takes a logical approach to work and loves to solve problems and troubleshoot
- Naturally adopts a considered and detail-oriented approach to projects; you will be the sort of people who thinks through all important aspects of something before making a clear and confident decision
- Is enthusiastic and confident and can interact well with people of all levels personally and professionally. You will enjoy interacting with colleagues and clients
- Has a passion for passing on knowledge and teaching other people
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.