Analyst, Site Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Sr. Associate I will use in-depth knowledge in quantitative database analysis and an understanding of business processes.
- Analyzes quantitative and qualitative data using software and manual manipulation techniques. Interprets and presents results to staff and stakeholders using graphs, charts, or visualization mapping.
- Extracts and manipulates data from internal or external databases on a routine and ad hoc basis to develop and deliver usable reports and presentations.
- Understand how to make data visually appealing and simple to both navigate and comprehend for end-users
- Aggregate data from various sources to construct streamlined data pipelines and integrate data from multiple systems
- Identify key metrics and build exec-facing dashboards to track progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of outputs is what would be expected from a top-class consulting firm
- Stay informed of advancements in industry trends and developing technology; Proactively apply entrepreneurial spirit in identifying opportunities to introduce, enhance and improve Merkle's analytical tools, data mining techniques and processes, ensuring Merkle is always at the forefront of the industry.
- Package selected interim and final deliverables for later re-use by other Merkle teams, including rationale for why options/tactics were chosen (i.e., provides metadata for the documents)
Key Skills and Experience
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position
- Strong in MS Office core suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Be able to contribute to innovation, process improvement, and standardization
- Deliver high quality analytical solutions on-time
- Maintain project plan; manage the day-to-day tasks; and meet project deadlines
- Work effectively across teams to ensure client satisfaction
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) or equivalent in statistics, analytics, or related scientific/quantitative field
- Strong hands-on experience with BI and digital analytics tools (Tableau; Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
- 1-3 years of experience in quantitative analysis, and marketing
- Proficiency with Google Data Studio, and Google Ads
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.