Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
As an SEO Manager, you will oversee several internet marketing activities, focused on developing and executing search engine optimization strategies and performance analysis. As an SEO Manager, you will use your analytical, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills to work on multiple projects while managing a team of Specialists. You will manage campaign strategies and implementation for clients while working with management and team members.
- Work directly with your clients in planning and implementing search engine optimization strategies that drive and results to clients.
- Communicate with your clients on status, timeline, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis and other follow-up items.
- Provide regular reporting and updates on performance to clients.
- Manage and execute online marketing strategies including: search engine optimization, social media, and content optimization and development.
- Extract insight from varied data sources, identify relevant trends and provide well-developed recommendations to enhance and exceed overall client search marketing goals and objectives.
- Exhibit clear understanding of overall client brand messaging and goals, and manage the development of content for search engine optimization purposes, including keyword generation, blog and social media copy creation and website copywriting.
- 4+ years of experience in SEO
- Previous team management experience
- Prior agency experience and/or experience working on enterprise accounts
- Proven success managing a client relationship
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced problem-solving skills for websites and technical SEO implementation experience including: on-page SEO factors and site architecture improvements, along with knowledge of content management systems
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Understanding of HTML, FTP, and CMS programs
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.