Senior Analyst - Customer Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
LOCATION: MARYLAND or REMOTE
Merkle provides services across analytics, strategy, data and technology for a leading insurance services client to help drive the day to day database marketing needs and provide strategic vision for their growth. The Analyst of analytics will focus on developing advanced analytical solutions to answer business questions. Do you like to get creative with data? Get excited when you have cracked that code? Love machine learning? If yes, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
What your typical day in this role might look like –
- Building statistical predictive models, creating & automating scoring codes, monitoring model performance, identifying changes and designing fixes
- Data mining in a SQL & AWS environment
- Developing report, analyze data and summarize findings for internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluate and improve internal tools & processes
- Working on analytical analyses to answer business questions such as understanding reason for decline in performance, evaluating potential of new marketing lists, improving email engagement, test design for creative/list/channel mix, campaign selection strategy
- Participate in cross-functional and client meetings to understand business objectives and projects goals and identify impact to analytical projects
To excel in this role, you would have –
- Experience with statistical techniques such as regression, ANOVA, clustering, Design of Experiments, time series & relational databases
- Experience with tools such as Microsoft office suite, SQL, R, Tableau
- Experience with AWS, redshift, SAS is good to have.
- Deep understanding of direct marketing concepts and experience with data mining and manipulation
- Experience with client facing role and designing & delivering presentations
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in statistics, economics or related quantitative field, plus 3-4 years of experience in database marketing; or
- Advanced degree (M.A., M.S., Ph.D.) in statistics, economics or related quantitative field, plus 1-2 years of experience in database marketing;
This job might be for you, if–
- You get a thrill out of working with data and take pride in digging deep until you find the answer
- You are proactive, motivated & driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked
- You love interacting with people, making new friends and working as a team.
- You are on top of things, pay attention to detail and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- You take pride in keeping yourself abreast with industry trends, be it machine learning or A.I. .
- You are driven to achieve and maintain your calm, especially under those tight timelines
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.