Senior Digital Media Account Manager (Retail Media Network)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle an agency of dentsu.
Open to remote applicants in CST/EST time zones!
Senior Media Account Managers at Merkle are product experts and drive sales, retention and growth of current CPG clients for a Retail Media Network as part of our New Stream Media capability. As a Senior Media Account Manager, you will be expected to provide the highest level of strategic pre-sale planning, opportunity delivery and post-sale customer support focused on driving our client’s KPIs. You will provide the highest level of customer service resulting in the flawless execution of media campaigns against the critical success factors of the client. This role requires a high degree of demonstrated proficiency in sales conversations, customer focus, standards of communication, numerical analysis, and multi-tasking.
- Drive sales opportunities with engaged and non-engaged partners on behalf of our client
- Support all media campaigns within your pod, guiding members of the pod in delivering successful campaigns to partners
- Lead opportunities from pre-sale ensure proper post-sale hand off to operations support for the direct sales organization
- Own/utilize media campaign data analytics and insights (i.e. best practices, historical performance data, case studies, analytics tools and client campaign history) to:
- Enhance account team and client knowledge, build strategic account plans, and drive a sales strategy
- Understand the data and use that data to “tell a story” to a client through reportable insights, wrap up reports, quarterly business reviews, etc.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relations, acting as a point of contact for existing customers both direct and via media agencies and agency trading desks
- Recognize upsell opportunities; lead and influence clients to invest when opportunities arise
- Drive the business through the sales process by engaging clients, navigating and influencing clients’ personnel (digital media planners and buyers) and complementing client objectives with their product suite
- Be an expert in the vertical you work on and understand all challenges not only within that vertical, but the industry as a whole
- Sales-oriented: focused on driving new business with known partners, and supporting the retention and growth of existing partners to drive client revenue
- Client-facing: comfortable working in a client-facing role in a fast-paced environment with frequent pressure to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Strategic: understand components of selling opportunities and be able to articulate at a client level
- Analytical thinker: digest data, make conclusions and recommendations
- Problem solver: doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer; takes charge and feels ownership
- Organized: ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills
- Flexible: dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands
- A great communicator: you have strong written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable in engaging conversation with any level
- A team player: able to work across teams to develop a campaign vision and translate it to actionable steps for sales partners to document and activation team members to activate
- 4+ years media experience in sales-oriented role (CPG-specific experience is a plus)
- Understanding of the digital media landscape with a focus on shopper marketing, eRetail, or retail media networks
- CRM/project management experience (Salesforce preferred)
- High level awareness of publisher-side media buying platforms, such as GAM/DFP
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Office Suite, PowerPoint, and Salesforce
- Technical aptitude: you're not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.