Client Engagement Director
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We are looking for a Client Engagement Director to work on a number of our flagship accounts. We are seeking an individual with an excellent understanding of data driven marketing and strategic planning. We anticipate the suitable candidate will bring circa 7+ years’ experience in database marketing, campaign management, customer journey planning and ideally how digital media and Adtech fits together to deliver meaningful customer experiences.
Working closely with a Client Partner, you will be expected to drive strategic thinking, add value to the clients and be credible in front of senior contacts. You will be expected to have an immediate impact and gain the respect of the clients and the internal Merkle teams from the outset.
Life as a Client Engagement Director at Merkle
- You will be working with a large matrix team covering database development, campaign management, digital media including PPC, business reporting and strategic planning, customer insights, customer journey planning and orchestration.
- In addition to managing the successful delivery of these areas, you will work with the solutions leads to ensure ongoing optimization, innovation and added value.
- You will build relationships with senior stakeholders within Merkle, the clients and their agency groups, with an emphasis on strategic planning and thought leadership to further secure our place as a trusted advisor.
- You will be a leader and will be expected to be a role model across the wider team in terms of gravitas, experience, and a positive attitude.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
- With an excellent understanding of data-driven marketing & strategic planning we anticipate the suitable candidate will bring circa 7+ years’ experience in database marketing, campaign management, customer journey planning along with a good idea of how digital media fits in to deliver meaningful customer experiences.
- Please note this is not a sales-based role however we expect the successful individual to demonstrate how by adding value to clients they have grown accounts or how they would go about doing this.
- This experience will have been gained in a data or digital performance agency, consultancy or via an in-house client-side role.
- Proven strategic experience of senior client & stakeholder management, both internally and externally, preferably working across several clients or brands.
- Strong commercial experience & acumen.
- Enthusiasm and a passion for all things data and a point of view on how Martech and Adtech can work effectively together to feed into our clients marketing strategies.
- An ability to make things happen, to lead from the front and be impactful very quickly.
- Experience of working in Media, Utilities and Finance is highly desirable, but not essential.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.