Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, industry-leading, growing analytics team that works with some of the biggest global brands. Merkle|Analytics exists to accelerate businesses on their journey to generate maximum value from data and enable them to make data-led decisioning to benefit their business.
You will join as an analytical consultant, delivering analytical solutions to a variety of clients and industries. We expect our analysts to come with brains as standard – so you will understand a analytics, have experience with coding languages, have some experience building statistical / data science models & used visualization tools - but we look for curious individuals that have a passion for data and analytics, that have a desire to learn, who want to help businesses use their data better when they make decisions, and are able to package up their analysis in such a way that even the most non-technical audiences can grasp complicated methodologies. The role will be client facing, so a winning smile and an eagerness to do the leg work to get under the skin of a business problem is also key.
Examples of projects you are likely to be involved in are: dashboarding, propensity models, recommendation engines, segmentations, customer lifetime value, customer journey analytics, econometrics, attribution, forecasting, machine learning projects and adhoc analytics. You will work with the client delivery team to aid design and execute the analytical solution, learning from experts in the field
Life as an Analytical Consultant at Merkle | Analytics
- You will be responsible for delivery of your part of the solution – with a team to support as you progress, and to support you in the delivery to clients.
- Its likely you will end up doing projects you may not have had experience with – don’t worry, you will work in an award winning analytics team of over 90 statistical analysts, data scientists and data engineers across multiple UK sites. This provides a fantastic opportunity to work alongside the best and gain knowledge from regular sharing sessions with the wider analytics team and the whole agency.
- You will work across a variety of industries – we believe variety in work is what gives us our edge and keeps things interesting for you as your advance through your career
- You will typically work on a single client project at any one time
- You will be involved in all stages of the analytical process from spec’ing out what data you may need, data cleansing, visualizing data, modelling and delivering the final results.
- You will work closely with the client team as you go through the project – from gaining domain knowledge, regular updates and final delivery
- Your projects may vary from 4-6 weeks or 12 months: dependent on what type of arrangement we have with our client. On longer engagements you will cover a number of different projects
- You will work on client site and at the Analytics office, so you need to have flexibility on coding languages & analytical infrastructure
- You will be key in building up strong relationships with our clients – so you will need to be confident with day to day interactions with clients, expressing professional views, participating in public speaking and opinion pieces to build reputation as required
- You will be proactive in looking for improvements and suggestions for innovation – essentially becoming the client’s secret weapon
- You need to have a keen eye for QA, and sense checking your analysis as you go.
- You also will work to a project plan and keep the client team informed of any issues & how you are progressing
- You will ensure all company documents, data and equipment are securely transmitted, stored and archived in line with the Information Security Policy. Ensure compliance with Information Security Policy
- You will share your knowledge with the wider Merkle Analytics community
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
What we are looking for in you
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Analytical mind-set & good understanding of the analytical stages from data gathering to final delivery
- It is anticipated that the appropriate candidate will have circa 2+ years experience in an analytical role
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and /or R and/or Python
- Some statistical or data science modelling experience
- Experience working with (very) large and messy datasets.
- Excellent communication skills & strong presentation skills, with the ability to present complex concepts to a wide range of audiences
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of relational database design concepts
- Code automation and optimization.
- Have had exposure to cloud data storage solutions, such as Hadoop, Hive, or Google BigQuery.
- Experience of working with Web Analytics platforms, such as Google Analytics or Adobe Insights.
- Consultancy experience, confidence interacting with clients.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.