Financial Accountant - Statutory Support - 6 Month FTC
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
The role has 3 main areas of responsibility centred within two specific brands of the CxM service line in dentsu international.
You will be responsible for the managing, coordination and support to the process of transitioning two businesses to another one within the Group in our ongoing simplification of the legal entity rationalisation project.
The role will also be responsible for the preparation and delivery of UK statutory accounts to Companies House for one of the trading companies. The role includes working with both onshore and near-shore operational finance teams, to ensure financial transactions are understood and fairly accounted and presented.
The individual will also be responsible for managing the audit process with KPMG and ensuring information is delivered on a timely basis, to the required standard and audit issues are resolved quickly. This covers both the statutory audit and the group audit.
You will also liaise with the Group’s treasury, tax and technical accounting teams, to ensure the statutory structures are reflected accurately in the financial statements.
The overall objective of this role is to ensure that the audits are done on time and correctly, that the statutory financial statements are prepared and filled on time and support the business to be transitioned to a new legal entity in the Group.
Life as a Financial Accountant at Merkle
Legal Entity reduction
- Work with the finance team to ensure a smooth transition of the activities to a new Legal Entity.
- Ensure a correct documentation and control over the project
- Working with the central project team to ensure all deadlines are met.
Preparation of financial statements
- Prepare the financial statements and supporting notes
- Prepare TB-to-statutory account reconciliations, including identifying and supporting statutory adjustments required. Liaise with the relevant finance teams, as required.
- Preparation of other supporting schedules as required by KPMG, and respond to audit queries/review notes.
- Act as the primary interface with the KPMG team to ensure the audit is done.
- Work with the finance teams to ensure correct tracking, control and documentation ahead of the Group Audit.
- Provide regular status updates for each set of accounts to senior management, ensuring adequate escalation of issues, and following said issues through to resolution.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
- Fully qualified accountant with 2+ years post qualified experience (Big 4 background preferable)
- Experience of statutory accounts preparation
- Experience with IFRS and UK market accounting standards.
- Awareness of UK statutory reporting and tax requirements.
- Ability to work with transactional detail all the way up to Senior management level reports
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships, whilst driving the agenda with reasonable financial challenge.
- Organised, able to prioritise and meet tight deadlines with a strong ability to self-manage
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Enthusiastic, confident and a team player
- Excellent Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Flexible and positive approach to work
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.