Software Engineer - Java/Adobe Experience Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
The focus of your activities will be the development of great user experiences and the implementation of multi channel strategies based on Adobe Experience Manager (AEM). We work closely together with our customers and develop tailor-made solutions through supporting in the design phase and then implementing them.
In addition to the development of web applications, working with databases and some interaction with our customers are included in your areas of responsibility. Your range of tasks covers the entire software development process – from analysis through execution. Your customers are large B2B & B2C companies or organizations with strong web affinity.
- Experience with the AEM framework and the Adobe Experience Cloud
- University or college degree in computer science or business computer science is a plus
- Very good knowledge of current web technologies (Java/J2EE) as well as experience with standard software frameworks (Spring)
- Experience with AEM technologies (e.g. Apache Sling, Sling models, HTL/Sightly)
- Expertise in software architecture and technical design
- Experience within development environments such as Eclipse or IntelliJ
- Strong personal initiative and willingness to learn
- Very good English skills
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning.
- Day off in your birthday
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.