Senior Web Analytics Technician
Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalized marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 11,000+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the company joined dentsu.
Merkle is a proud part of dentsu a 60,000 people strong team spread across 10 network brands and 145 countries.
So when you join Merkle, you’re not just becoming part of our team, you’re becoming part of a much bigger one full of diverse talent, versatile clients and limitless opportunities.
Together, we help our clients win in a changing world by harnessing our collective
impact to better embrace the potential of disruption.
We stay agile and ambitious fostering a pioneering and collaborative spirit that responsibly
drives forward our shared vision: to innovate the way brands are built. At Merkle, and as part of our wider global network, you’ll be empowered to accelerate your career and make your mark in the digital economy.
Your role will be to help a cross-functional digital analytics team to globally deploy a complete measurement framework and data after sales service. You will become the privileged contact with analysts across the world to gather their feedback and extend measurement features based on a global roadmap & local needs.
- Measuring: Involved in cross-functional collaborative teams (BI teams, IT teams, campaign teams, content teams, channel teams, developers teams) to design the most appropriate measurement plan.
- Documenting: Build & maintain reference setup documentations and playbooks to onboard the organization on analytics and reporting
- Configuring: Responsible of the measurement capabilities setup (Google Analytics 360 & Google Tag Manager 360) to implement an appropriate tagging structure on our owned digital assets.
- Deploying: Cooperate with DevOps to assist with the development & deployment of tracking plans.
- Testing: Bring our organization to high data quality standards for data and analytics validation and reducing the need for quick-fixes and workaround technical solutions
- Guaranteeing & maintaining: Responsible for the data validation final cut. You deliver the most reliable data sources to organizations, you log data issues and organize resolution plans. You develop & spread a data insurance process with DevOps to minimize upcoming discrepancies
- Data Protection: You will be the interface for GDPR and Data protection topics for Google Analytics between Measurement & Legal teams
- Reporting: Most importantly you will convert every digitally measured action into a marketing report, and inspire colleagues to adopt measurement best practices and an analytics-driven approach to marketing optimization & increasing conversions. You will also bring your web analytics sensibility into ad-hoc analysis, findings and recommendations to support marketing & sales teams
- Enabling: advising and supporting other teams on how to leverage tag management capabilities and existing measurements for other web solutions (A/B testing & UX, Paid media, DMP...).
- Improving: Ensure Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager setup are following ideal and legal practices for data collection
- Spreading: Helping enterprise data to export all Google stack data within separate data warehouse
- Empowering: Participate in hubs or market engagement with training material creation and analytics community animation
- Administering: Managing and improving necessary processes to grant access to Google capabilities to all client stakeholders (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio, Google Big Query)
You are passionate about data. Your specialty is speaking the language of marketing & website developer teams to design & deploy on-demand tracking frameworks as a fast delivery service. You maintain high-quality datasets that your stakeholders can rely on for their decision making, and you also offer clear actionable analysis.
- Complete skills in Google Analytics measurement plan building, from business request to detailed programming specifications (Previous experience in agency with Google Analytics deployment / Design / Technical Configurations)
- Proven previous Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager deployments with global instances, including web and mobile. Must be able to demonstrate technical analytic capabilities and use of Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics (ideally Google Analytics 360)
- Clear understanding of HTML/JS, and capabilities to explain requirement with developers
- Knowledge of advertising pixel & tagging tools (Floodlight, Facebook pixel,...)
- Excellence in data testing for reliability. Must show an highly precise process for tracking testing
- Advanced understanding of campaign tagging and naming convention
- Certified in Google Analytics is preferred
- Experience with Google Analytics data quality process (HubScan, Observepoint)
- Use of JIRA & Agile methodologies is preferred
- Experience and skilled at interpreting data
- A natural question solver
- Must be proactive, motivated, highly-organized and a self-starter