Marketing Technology Solution Lead, VP
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle an agency of dentsu.
Seeking senior leader to lead the technology solution for one of Merkle’s strategic accounts in the Financial Services Vertical.
This role is responsible for the overall technology solution for the client which includes the marketing database and integrations with decisioning and digital platforms. They assist team with executing daily deliverables to ensure programs we lead are on time, on budget and accurate.
This role has frequent and detailed discussions with our most senior client stakeholder which requires strong technical knowledge, a background in direct marketing and a solid understanding of digital media.
This individual must be skilled in having difficult client and employee conversations within the context of project management and consistently demonstrate an advanced ability to rally a team to deliver high client satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain strong, strategic partnerships with the client by ensuring the successful execution of projects, deliverables and putting forth strategic technical recommendations using their CRM and/or industry knowledge.
- Operate as part of cross-capability team including marketing strategy, creative, technology, media, and production to deliver seamless execution of all CRM initiatives
- Ask questions and foresee issues relative to CRM campaigns on topics including creative, production, segment performance and data processing, and results analysis
- Ability to navigate matrixed organization to lead teams across functional areas, ensure all members are meeting deliverables, and resolve all issues both with client and internally relative to all facets of client engagement
- Drive a compelling marketing technology point of view related to the ability to utilize both known and anonymous information to inform multi-media marketing execution and decisions
- Provide expertise, vendor knowledge, and industry best practices across digital technology components including:
- Audience Management
- Decision Management
- Decision Management and Personalization
- Demand Side Platforms (DSP) and Ad-Serving
- Core CRM skills
- Identity management
- Outline how all CRM and digital technology components work together to support improved digital targeting or measurement capabilities
- Translate digital technology investments into direct and measurable business results
- Collaborate with digital teams to develop technical solutions that will enable the advancement of digital media programs
- Bachelor's degree required
- Demonstrated ability to lead team (internal and client)
- Business acumen to develop and manage budgets/forecasts/pro forma
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-changing environment
- A self-starting orientation within a fast-paced environment with an intense desire/drive to “make things happen”
- 10 years of experience in client services/account management in an advertising agency, marketing company, or client-side marketing department with a working knowledge of:
- Online and offline CRM development and production
- Digital Marketing
- Multichannel/Integrated Marketing
- Campaign management - coordinating creative, production, data processing, etc.
- Relationship/Client Management
- Account Planning and strategy
- Understanding of data analytics for multi-channel results analysis
- Subject matter expertise in technologies and tools to support digital marketing media across at least 2 of the following digital channels: site, display, search, mobile and social.
- Working knowledge of Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM) technical concepts and tools including relational databases, customer data integration, identity management, analytic modeling, campaign management and business intelligence systems.
- Experience working in a digital agency, digital marketing provider, digital software provider, digital marketing organization, digital consulting firm or marketing service provider.
- Willingness to travel overnight when needed
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.