AEM Content Lead
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
As an AEM Content Lead you will play a pivotal role in maintaining client satisfaction and loyalty by providing exceptional services to our clients. You will be responsible for the day to day service delivery across our digital marketing support functions and providing best practice guidelines. You will be client facing with the need to present to internal and external key stakeholder. You will be responsible for the execution for other team members.
You will be responsible for keeping up to date with what trends and technologies are emerging within the content management landscape and how bringing this into Merkle can enhance the overall offering for our clients.
Quality Assurance is a significant task within the role – you will need to ensure flawless delivery execution regardless of scale and complexity.
Life as an AEM Content Lead at Merkle
We are looking for you to have extensive experience in website content management using Adobe Experience Manager or a similar web content management system. You will need to be able to interpret change requirements and configure these through AEM. We will need you to learn the components, templates and page structure of the sites which are being managed. You will be able to use the components and templates effectively and follow any brand or user experience guidelines when configuring changes.
What we are looking for in you
- Experience with classic and touch UI authoring interfaces within AEM
- Experience in link configuration and redirect management
- Working with AEM multi-site manager features
- Experience of working with multi-region, multi-lingual sites and managing change and content across these
- Experience of content fragments and experience fragments
- Knowledge of website accessibility principles
- Knowledge of website technical SEO practices when building pages
- Managing pages, page properties and metadata
- Asset management within AEM
- AEM workflow configuration
- Page publication and deactivation
- Working with content translations and implementing regional versions of pages
- Work with internal teams on training and providing support in Content Management
- Serve as an expert on email best practices and educating others
- Keep up with industry standards and new best practices
- Provide Best Practice guidance to internal and client teams
- Participate in the business process due diligence and documentation
- Present to key internal and external stakeholders
This will require an individual who is adept at co-ordinate cross-agency project delivery teams including creative, campaign and planning experts to deliver Performance Email services
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning.
- Day off in your birthday
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.