Manager- Infrastructure Managed Services
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Manager, Infrastructure Managed Services
The Manager, Infrastructure Managed Services role within Merkle is responsible for managing staff, developing standard operating procedures, and ensuring the stability and optimization of technology within the Infrastructure Managed Services architecture. The Manager must be an accomplished leader, thoroughly skilled in a number of Core Competencies, to include vendor management, fostering innovation, optimizing staff and operations performance, provide exemplary customer service, all in support of Merkle’s technology vision. This role will work with other IT leaders to ensure seamless service delivery of Infrastructure Managed Services and client support.
The Manager role will report to the Sr. Director, IMS Operations. The role will manage a team of individuals responsible for support of client facing and development environments.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Manage a global team that provides 24/7 support for Infrastructure Managed Services solutions and corporate Information Technology platforms. These include hosted servers, cloud/virtualization shared platforms and addressing security vulnerabilities.
· Manage projects by establishing scope, schedule, budget, and coordinating resources with IT staff and external groups
· Maintain and validate quality service by establishing and enforcing Infrastructure Managed Services standards, metrics and best practices
· Responsible for ensuring resources are aligned with the resource model in order to effectively manage staff utilization and prioritization
· Manage incident and service requests to assigned SLAs/deadlines for assigned Information Technology platforms
· Manage “Root Cause” efforts to identify and remediate technology and business process issues.
· Execute and provide guidance for other team members regarding IT policies, procedures, best practices and standards.
· Manage all customer escalations according to defined service levels.
· Act as a coach and mentor for less experienced team members.
· Lead innovation, process improvement and standardization within the IT organization.
· Anticipate risks and constraints and proactively develop solutions to address the risk/constraints, escalating as appropriate.
· Maintain in-depth awareness and fluency of the key features, functions, and/or industry trends around the area of expertise.
· Provide on-call and after-hours support as required
· Uphold and promote Merkle’s core values and culture
· Manage and address vulnerabilities in the environment according to Security guidelines
Measures of Success:
· Successfully manages a high performing team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees to meet Merkle’s high expectations
· Successfully perform resource allocation tasks in order to meet project deadlines and established SLA timeframes
· Successfully develop support processes and structures sufficient to ensure system stability and user satisfaction.
· Successfully assess the scope and impact of incidents and respond, with a sense of urgency that matches the incident, following appropriate policies and procedures
· Consistently deliver IT solutions that exceed customer expectations on-time/budget.
· Positive recognition as noted on Employee and Customer satisfaction surveys, completed on a periodic basis.
· Maintain a high level of customer service.
· Participate in the development of Merkle’s technology vision and strategy.
· Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and share knowledge with team members.
· Understanding knowledge of server operating systems such as Windows Server, CentOS and Amazon Linux
· Understanding of the Patching processes for Windows/Linux
· Experience with public cloud environments, particularly Azure and AWS
· Experience with virtualization technologies (i.e. Hyper-V, VMWare)
· Understanding of file, object and block storage
· Understanding of network concepts, such as routing and switching
· Familiarity with database technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server is a plus
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred. Equivalent work experience can be substituted for college education.
· Requires 5+ years of experience implementing and managing enterprise-class solutions operating in a 24/7 environment.
· 2+ years in a supervisory role.
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.