Talent Acquisition Partner - Tech
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Due to significant business growth, we are looking to hire an experienced Talent Acquisition Partner to work in a team to deliver extraordinary talent to our business via our direct hiring model. The role will cover recruitment, contract and permanent, for both technical roles specific to our industry i.e; Data Science, Data Engineering, Solution Consultants, Digital Analytics. The suitable candidate will be immediately available and bring recent experience of hiring within these specialisms.
Networking and building talent pipelines will be your passion to ensure that we attract and hire the best talent available to us the marketplace. The ideal candidate will have experience of working agency side (with relevant sector experience), or in-house (RPO experience welcome) and have a hunger to source new talent quickly to meet the business’s needs.
Life as a Talent Acquisition Partner (Tech) at Merkle
- Work closely with the Head of Experienced Hires to understand the hiring plan and agenda
- Seek to understand individual requirements for each role you are working on and identify specific skills sets to match
- Assist Hiring Managers’ with writing role profiles and offering guidance on salary bandings and market rates
- Proactively identify and market map talent in our sector
- Headhunt individuals talking knowledgeably about our business and sector and selling the opportunities we offer
- Grow a solid network of contacts and build strong talent pipeline to include passive candidates
- Provide imaginative solutions to sourcing scarce talent
- Build good relationships with PSL agencies when required
- Actively identify, source and headhunt talent through LinkedIn and work with internal networks to seek referrals
- Ensure all roles are advertised for two weeks to encourage internal mobility
- Build diverse pipelines of talent in line with our DEI strategy and vision to be an inclusive employer
- Build and share a strong knowledge and understanding of competitor landscape
- Conduct initial telephone screening interviews to qualify candidates
- Administer testing sessions when required
- Organise interview diarising, sending candidate confirmations and logging recruitment activity
- Ensuring all feedback is collected from the interview panel and stored correctly within SmartRecruiters (ATS)
- Manage expectations of hiring managers in terms of hiring timeframes, availability of candidates, pipelines etc.
- Collate hiring justifications and seek sign off for roles
- Log and track candidate applications and interviews in SmartRecruiters
- Ensure Time To Hire is within parameters set for the level of role
- Ensure that information on SmartRecruiters is up to date in real-time as this impacts EMEA reporting
- Handling and protection of Company and Group information, reporting security events and implementing appropriate policies and procedures
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
- Previous experience of managing the end to end recruitment process working as a Recruiter in-house either for an RPO or direct employer (Candidates who come from agency side will be considered if they bring our specific digital marketing industry experience)
- Experience of hiring both permanent and contract employees efficiently with a direct hiring approach
- Excellent understanding of the digital/data marketing industry with experience of filling a range of roles within our sector. Large network of connections in the following: Data Science, Data Engineering, Solution Consultants, Digital Analytics
- Research and headhunting must be your passion and forte; Proactive approach to seeking out the best talent in the marketplace
- A demonstrable understanding of how diversity and inclusivity links to talent acquisition strategy with a passion for ensuring diverse pipelines of talent are at the forefront of your sourcing agenda
- Experience of using Linked In and other industry sources to identify and headhunt talent
- Maintain a professional approach to represent our business with the ability to build good relationships with candidates and extract relevant information Experience of working to KPIs and understanding the importance of reporting and tracking recruitment activity and sharing information across the team
- Experience of using an ATS, ideally SmartRecruiters but open to tool
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and juggle several competing priorities and roles
- Experience of posting effective adverts on job boards
- Team player with ability to work with remote staff across offices
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with internal stakeholders from junior staff through to gaining Board level buy-in
- Ability to operate in fast paced environment with a real passion and hunger to fill roles and work with the business as a trusted recruitment partner maintaining the ethos that recruitment is an urgent business
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.