Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. We use data, technology, and analytics to help the world's best brands make their advertising more relevant, their experiences more personal, and manage relationships over time.
We are currently looking for a dynamic and innovative Programme Manager to join our growing agency, who can bring solid experience of working on both Data & Digital Marketing projects. The successful candidate will work with a world leading retailer on an exciting suite of marketing solutions and transformation projects.
Life as a Programme Manager at Merkle
We are a global agency, so your role will have a broad, diverse set of responsibilities within a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will form part of a cross-functional team focused on delivering exceptional service and positive change for our clients.
Working with our client partner, technical, delivery and account management leads, you will help grow our engagements and deliver on our promises, whilst always executing at the highest level.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing a wide-ranging Data and Digital programmes, with responsibility for developing programme plans, managing budgets, briefs and schedules for all workstreams
- Working across multiple workstreams on a global customer experience platform, collaborating with digital, data, customer experience, IT and business teams
- Supporting project teams across throughout the programme cycle.
- Management of project resourcing and commercials including forecasting, time management and invoicing
- Escalating programme status including issues and risks to senior stakeholders where appropriate
- Being accountable for ensuring projects are delivered to quality standards.
- Building relationships with senior client stakeholders, ensuring that Merkle successfully delivers operational and client service excellence
- Being client-focused, with the ability to interpret and understand client needs and deliver results
- Having strong project management knowledge and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in a calm and effective way
- Utilising problem-solving skills every day, with the willingness to take ownership and manage risks, and demonstrate enthusiasm in the face of technical challenges
- Defining, managing and reporting against KPI’s and SLA’s
- Serving as the regional point of contact for project teams and stakeholders, both internally and client side within the programme
- Keeping up to date with the latest relevant technical innovations and industry trends to share in a digestible format with clients and project team members
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business.
These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers. Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
What we are looking for in you
You will have extensive experience managing multiple projects and bringing them together into an overarching transformation programme. We are keen to meet focused, strong and dynamic candidates with client-facing and hands-on project Data and Digital delivery experience as well as:
- Experience in managing Data and Digital transformation teams (UX designers, software engineers and QA engineers) on projects that touch a range of technical platforms (digital, databases, mainframe, server based etc.)
- Circa 7 years’ experience managing medium-large programmes, with circa 5 years’ experience in managing budgets over £5 million
- Platform experience: Cloud hosted data platforms, Adobe Stacks, Magento, Data Warehouse technologies
- Proven ability to build strong relationships across stakeholder groups; with the ability to effectively influence and communicate across various business lines
- Forecasting, tracking and reporting of project level financials
- Excellent analytical, leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management, including at a C suite level
- Knowledge of the Atlassian suite (Jira/Confluence) and other project management tools
- Experience of delivering projects using Waterfall or Agile project methodologies
- A professional project management qualification, (e.g. AgilePgM, MSP, CSM, etc.)
- Agency experience is desirable
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.