Senior Manager - Media Planning
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We’re looking for someone passionate about marketing strategy to join our growing team and continue to push the boundaries on what’s possible within the digital landscape. You will be leading digital strategy initiatives and the media planning cycle on one or more of our key client accounts and required to lead planning conversations across multiple digital services - Search, Programmatic, Paid Social and play a significant role in conversations relating to DX, CRM and data, and analytics strategy. You will be responsible for ensuring alignment and strategic development of integrated marketing initiatives and driving direction of overarching communication strategy to meet client marketing and business objectives. You’ll work very closely with our Paid Media, Analytics, Digital Experience, and Creative teams to ensure we’re at the cutting edge of our field, as well as the client’s other agency partners (Brand/PR/ATL/Creative). We’re looking for people who are digital natives but have a good understanding of full-funnel – off and online – media strategies, as well as an appreciation of data-driven customer marketing and the desire to progress this practice both in concept and in activation.
This role is best suited to someone with 5+ years’ experience in omni-channel media planning either agency or client-side. An excellent understanding of integrated customer strategy principles beyond media is absolutely integral. The role is diverse and requires the individual to efficiently prioritise and manage multiple work streams at once, manage cross-agency relationships effectively, influence senior client stakeholders, and have an ability to continuously self-educate in this dynamic marketing space.
Life as a Senior Media Planner at Merkle
· Lead the development of integrated cross-channel media strategies and laydowns.
· Maintain a good working relationship with the key stakeholders throughout the planning cycle, in particular, the client’s Creative and ATL agencies to align communication strategies
· Utilise various media measurement tools to recommend media budget allocation across ATL and digital channels
· Collation of consumer insights and recommendations for various strategic briefs (media campaigns, customer journeys, customer value propositions, strategic KPIs, etc.)
· Communicate and present strategic responses to senior client teams, positioning Merkle as client’s strategic partner
· Collaborate closely with multiple internal and external marketing teams and functions to ensure optimal integration of media, CRM, creative and Digital Experience
· Managing junior media planners on client accounts and liaising with internal Media Delivery team to ensure smooth execution of the media strategy
· Cultivate and demonstrate thought leadership, putting forward new topics of interest, not afraid to challenge the client with innovative and digital-first marketing solutions.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks, and mentorship
· Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance, and other corporate benefits
· A selection of other benefits including the ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What we are looking for in you
· We anticipate the successful candidate will have circa 5+ years experience in full funnel Media Strategy and/or Planning in CPG with exposure to broader marketing strategy
· Proven experience applying strategic thinking to complex integrated campaigns, with a demonstrable track record in achieving and exceeding KPIs
· A comprehensive understanding of different marketing capabilities and what they offer the client and customer, including; Search Marketing, Analytics, Display, Social, CRM etc.
· Good understanding of ATL and OOH marketing initiatives and measurement techniques and a strong articulation of roles within full funnel marketing strategy.
· Experience of insight generation with third party tools.
· Professional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, whether interacting with day to day contacts or C level executives. Ability to articulate a compelling digital activation and customer story.
· Leadership abilities to be able to supervise the planning process across multi-disciplinary teams on multiple sides (internal, client, other agency partners)
· Strong understanding of project management, demonstrable experience in leading preferable.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.