Senior Associate - Media Planning
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We’re looking for someone passionate about Media Planning to join our growing team and continue to push the boundaries on what’s possible within the digital and addressable advertising landscape. Our team works across a varied portfolio of clients of all shapes, industries and sizes and we work very closely with both our Paid Media, Analytics and Customer Strategy teams to ensure we’re at the cutting edge of our field. We’re looking for people who are digital natives by default but also all -rounders with exposure to both off and online planning. A good understanding of integrated media planning is essential, as well as an appreciation of data driven marketing and the desire to progress this practice both in concept and in activation.
This role is best suited to someone with 2+ years with hands-on experience or a background in digital delivery, with a focus on omni-channel strategy. It requires an understanding of general marketing principles as well as business acumen to support understanding of our clients and the digital marketing space. It supports the development of strategic and tactical initiatives designed to successfully achieve our clients’ goals. The role is diverse and requires the individual to efficiently prioritise and manage multiple work streams at once, work both individually and within a team, effectively communicate, and have an ability to continuously self-educate in this dynamic digital marketing space.
Life as a Media Planner at Merkle
· Support the Strategy Lead in development of one integrated cross-channel strategy and media laydown.
· Adopt Merkle planning methodology in coordination of brief responses, cross-media strategies and media plans.
· Responsible for media and consumer insights collation, providing integrated brief response proposals.
· Collaborate closely with multiple marketing channel specialists to ensure optimal use of each marketing channel.
· Liaise with media owners and external agency partners, attending all agency meetings to present all channels and feedback requirements to channel leads.
· Maintain a high level of working and strategic knowledge across all channels and how they can integrate.
· Thought leadership, putting forward new topics of interest.
· Support the idea generation, cross-functional coordination and work with client management to ensure successful implementation of these campaigns.
· Ensure consistent communication during the planning period and ensure the internal teams has visibility of each step within the process.
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
· Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
· Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
· Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
· On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
· The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
· On Friday’s at 4:30pm (Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
· Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry
What we are looking for in you
· 2+ years of experience in Media Planning or in a cross-channel delivery roles, at account manager level.
· A comprehensive understanding of different marketing capabilities and what they offer the client and customer, including; Search Marketing, Analytics, Display, Social, CRM etc.
· Good understanding of ATL and OOH marketing initiatives.
· Experience of insight generation with third party tools.
· Strong understanding of multi-channel marketing, ensure digital is fully embedded in all initiatives.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.