Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. Merkle is part of dentsu and for more than 30 years, has partnered with Fortune 1000 companies to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. Our heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for our unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive customer experience transformation.
Our combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC
The Sales Coordinator is a key member of the Merkle sales pitch team, managing processes from initial Request for Information (RFI), to complex Request for Proposals (RFP), to Pitch presentations through and client conversations.
Appropriate information will need to be gathered from the Merkle Proposal Response Centre (PRC) as well as directing the Marketing Solutions team to provide bespoke responses that you will craft. You will deliver high-quality, winning documentation on-time and to the specifications of the RFI, RFP and pitch guidelines supplied by the prospective client.
Life as a Sales Coordinator at Merkle
The Sales Coordinator is the hub of the Sales Team, the Go-To person in a fast-paced environment. As such you will have the chance to interact with many colleagues from across the business to ensure we have the most relevant Sales information at our fingertips. Plus, you will have significant access to the Merkle Leadership Team.
Although new to Merkle EMEA, this role is established within the US team proving vital to stability and success within the Sales process. You will engage with the Global team, working closely with the PRC team based in the US and China on development and accuracy of the Sales Assets, research and processes.
We encourage learning and development for Pursuit Managers, understanding the business is vital to the role as well as career progression. Day to day you will be:
- Coordinating the Sales Team by managing schedules.
- Working with the PRC Team to ensure the adequacy of sales-related literature, assets and files, and that Sales Platform best practices have been followed.
- Managing the RFI and RFP response process from kick-off to submission which includes but not limited to: compiling and creating content, scheduling ‘huddles’, coordinating research with the PRC Research Team.
- Management of production of documentation and working with the Creative Department for the creation of bespoke artwork.
- Coordinating sessions to review and analyse how we can improve efficiencies going forward and actioning the requirements.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too.
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
- A well organised individual who enjoys project related work, tight deadlines, problem-solving and has a desire to be part of a face-paced team.
- Excellent administration and project management skills. Confidence coordinating teams and managing upwards. An understanding of Project Management tools and concepts that will aid you and the team.
- A team player with a strong and confident personality and a positive attitude with great dedication.
- Excellent written and communication skills are vital.
- Understanding of the New Business process and best practices.
- Excellence in Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint and Excel and Acrobat Pro – knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is helpful and proficiency in SalesForce.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time. Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.