Scrum Master - TPO
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger of Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet, and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the Dentsu group, which shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
As a Scrum master daily occupations would include.
- Being the facilitator for meetings/discussions and any ongoing topics.
- Improving the Product Owners effectiveness by helping find ways to maintain the Product Backlog and release plans.
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is prioritized according to the latest requirements.
- Making sure that requirements and decrements from our stakeholders are captured in the Product Backlog, and that the engineers' team fully understands them.
- Making sure that with every new feature introduced, the Product Owner is aware of any technical debt.
- A scrum master is encouraged to lead by example and collaboration, without being lost in technical work and technical discussions.
- Making sure that the team has clear goals for the sprint, and that they have what they need to be the focus on and concentrated.
- Push team to be self-organized.
- Perform retrospectives that bring out a calm, safe and warm environment for the team to be comfortable enough to bring out anything they might be bothered by, or if there are any improvements they would like to see.
- Ensure that there is an appropriate amount of communication happening inter-teams, between teams that is not under your management, to ensure good bonds are maintained (and you always find out new things from other teams as well).
- Ensure that the team is independently able to produce working features, especially since everyone is working remotely, this is a very important step, to notice if someone is struggling, and see how to help.
Technical knowledge requirements:
- AWS Cloud and delivering modern applications leveraging serverless architecture:
- Lambda, API Gateway, Steps Function
- Database understanding, SQL, NoSQL, DynamoDB
- Experienced working in a DevOps approach, leveraging tools such as Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket) as well as Jenkins
- Experience with system integrations and event-driven systems
- Experience with logging, distributed tracing, and monitoring platforms (ELK, NewRelic)
- Any knowledge in regards to how CICD works would be beneficial as well, in order to support the QA and DevOps team.
- Must be fluent in English
- This role is open to full-remote work