Account Manager - Creative
About Gyro (Merkle B2B)
Gyro is an integrated B2B agency providing strategic, creative and media solutions to our clients. As part of the Merkle B2B group, gyro is focused on helping brands to grow by delivering solutions and ideas that are rooted in customer needs. Our mission is to create humanly relevant ideas and we bring together insight, data precision and creativity to do this.
Gyro became one of 5 brands (gyro, B2B International, Merkle, Merkle DWA, Digital Pi) to form Merkle B2B in September 2020.
This role is within the Strategy and Creative Client Solutions team. The team’s purpose is to forge strong and lasting strategic partnerships with clients, being the go-to for strategic and creative marketing solutions to help their business grow and thrive. The team are the drivers of growth for gyro, always having an active pipeline of opportunities for the agency to convert and deliver.
You will be intrinsic to the smooth running and delivery of creative and strategic projects, partnering with clients to shape project briefs and collaborating with internal agency team members and departments to deliver solutions. As a specialist B2B brand agency you will often be required to deliver projects across brand development, research and messaging, brand and creative strategy and activation, content strategy, and production.
Life as an Account Manager at Gyro / (Merkle B2B)
As an Account Manager, you will support the Account Director and play a key role in ensuring effective and efficient delivery of strategic and creative projects, and be involved in building strong client relationships on a day to day basis. Clients will trust you to know everything about the projects and activity gyro are engaged on, you’ll be the go-to when they need an update.
· Clear knowledge of the commercial targets set on your accounts and how we’re tracking on a regular basis
· Support the BD/AD in turning strategic and creative opportunities into approved projects that meet our growth targets
· Works with Producer Team to ensure client work is done within timeline and budget
· Ensure all financial admin is completed on time
- Know your clients, their business and industry. Specifically understand their challenges, objectives, and how gyro can support
- Create client happiness. Support the BD/AD in ways to improve client sat scores
- Presents regularly both internally and to clients.
- Supports BD/AD to deliver innovative and creative solutions to client briefs
- Works collaboratively across MB2B and across gyro network as needed – utilising good knowledge of products and services to drive business value for clients,
- Creates the conditions for great work and champions great work
- Acts as ‘gatekeeper’ for quality control
- Build strong client relationship as a trusted advisor to client
- Leverages internal relationships and gets the best out of our expertise
- Forge relationships across the Merkle B2B group so that you’re seen as the B2B go to for help and solutions related to your accounts and industry sectors
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
· Birthday day off
· 25 days holiday
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
· Experience working in a creative marketing agency environment
· Experience of working with and managing clients (up to C-suite)
· A head for numbers – comfortable in managing scopes and budgets ensuring projects remain profitable and clients get value for money
· Client centric – Ability to immerse in a clients’ business and be a trusted daily outlet to the client
· Presentation confidence – Experience in presenting to both internal teams and external clients
· Champion great creative work – A natural eye for detail and driving teams to deliver great creative solutions
· Problem solver – Ability to tackle briefs head on and propose solutions to both internal teams and clients
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.