Sr Solution Architect-Marketing Platforms
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are looking for an experienced Solution Architect who can straddle both business requirements and technology implementations to deliver Marketing Technology solutions. The Solution Architect role is one of the core leadership roles in all of our implementations. This role encompasses aspects of Technical Architect, Business Subject Matter Expert and Engagement Manager/Project Manager functions. The Solution Architect owns the design of all functional and technical aspects of a solution during the Delivery phase and provides proper hand-off/sign-off of the solution into Production (hosted/self-service/installed).
- Architecting and designing marketing technology solutions that bridge business and technology requirements and ensures usability, accessibility, and performance
- Right technology solutions covering integration of various Marketing Technology platforms (eCommerce, Database, CMS, Web Analytics, DMP, Decisioning, Personalization, Identity Management, Campaign Management and /or CDP, and Business Intelligence platforms, Loyalty Platforms, Preference Centers, Customer Lookup Applications, vendors/application and sizing) that meets the user and solution requirements and performs to SLA
- Develop and present innovative tech strategies to client senior leadership teams including new technology adoption, upgrades of existing technology tools to improve overall operational efficiencies and customer satisfaction
- Work with platform and data specific architect to design complex cross-channel, reusable and scalable solutions
- Identify potential opportunities to grow client business through technology enabled marketing strategies; customer acquisition, retention, reactivation, and loyalty to make recommendations in the form of short / medium / long term technology roadmaps
- Support Merkle business development teams during the bidding process developing tech solutions / effort estimates for proposals / RFPs / RFIs, 12+ years industry experience
In-depth knowledge of:
- Enterprise level architecture and solution development with content management systems in tools like AEM Sites/Forms, Sitecore, Drupal
- Delivering outbound communications for cross-channel activation in tools like Oracle Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Marketing Cloud
- Integration of real-time site optimization, test and target in tools like Optimizely, Adobe Target, SFMC Interaction Studio
- Enabling actionable insights from online events of acquisition thru conversion in tools like Google Analytics, GA4, Adobe Analytics
- Tag management in tools like Google Tag Manager, Ensighten, Tealium iQ, Adobe Launch
- Real-time application integration (web microservices) and 3-tiered application architecture
- Cloud data migration and storage for marketing analytics, segmentation, and activation in platforms like GCP BigQuery, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift
- Concepts and best practices within database architecture, navigating both structured and unstructured data, data processing (ETL and services) and customer identity management
- Open source (GNU, Apache, Java, Linux, HDFS et al) tool and technology experience a plus
- Ability to articulate feasible technology choices that meet the requirements; ability to put forth a viable, scalable technology point of view; be knowledgeable and conversant with the offline and online (digital) marketing technology landscape
- Ability to bridge business & technical requirements to provide a cohesive, seamless solution to scale and perform
- Ability to wear multiple technology hats across systems integration, technology consulting and technology solution design and architecture
- Ability to participate and lead technology discussions with prospects (RFP support)
- Experience in leading large-scale technology implementations including understanding of scoping, estimation, and managing timeline/budget
- Experience in legacy migration and re-platform of technology solutions
- Ability to lead technology conversations with Sr. Management (be an internal and external technology solutions evangelist) and be the technology voice of the solution
- Responsible and accountable for the underlying client technology solution architecture
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.