Manager, Customer Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
LOCATION: NJ preferred but will consider remote anywhere in US
The role will revolve around the application of advanced analytics and database marketing tools to drive and enhance our client’s marketing performance across various channels. The Manager will be responsible for ensuring timely delivery of data, analytics, forecasts, and strategic consulting to support the client’s marketing initiatives. They will become the client’s trusted advisor, collaborating with various client and Merkle teams. They will serve as the leader of all analytics for a segment of our clients business unit including overseeing the creation and presentation of forecasts; developing and maintaining models; timely delivery of reports; and overseeing campaign performance inputs.
To succeed in this role, the Manager is expected to demonstrate strategic thinking, logical reasoning, strong communication and presentation skills, outstanding analytic skills, ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and the ability to resolve complex issues.
- Execute a wide variety of analytics projects including predictive modeling, customer profiling, dashboard reporting, forecasting, and optimization
- Extract and process large quantities of data from data warehouses and other data marts in support of assignments
- Analyze marketing metrics to identify cause-effect relationships between marketing levers and outcomes
- Data mining and analysis, including the ability to independently QA database information and help drive database enhancements via communication and requirements documentation for technology teams
- Develop, create, and present strategic recommendations that directly address client’s toughest questions
- Manage projects tasks, timelines, and deliverables
- Develop strong partnerships across various Merkle and media partners
- Develop innovative analytical solutions and enable automation to improve capabilities and efficiency
- Proficiency with multiple analytics tools required (R, SQL, Python, Spark)
- Understanding of relational databases and transactional data required
- Hands-on experience with BI or digital analytics tools (Tableau, Power BI) preferred
- Must have experience with statistical concepts and applying statistical techniques such as regression, ANOVA, cluster analysis, factor analysis, time series forecasting, and experimental design
- Ability to discover hidden insights or complex patterns through advanced multi-variate data mining techniques on un-structured business problems
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience with marketing analytics a plus
- Experience with Pega/NBA 1:1 Customer Engagement a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics or related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in quantitative marketing arena
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.