Salesforce Marketing Cloud Senior Consultant
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
(This role can be based in Barcelona or Gijon)
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Senior Consultant is responsible for the campaign operations and management to visualize customer journeys and engagement with marketing initiatives across multiple channels including Social, Email, SMS, Direct and Paid.
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Senior Consultant requires to work seamlessly with the other teams to contribute to the innovative and strategic approach for this company and be responsible for the development and execution of direct marketing campaigns.
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Senior Consultant drive omnichannel campaign strategies across internal business segments, gather business requirements and translating them into campaign lifecycle targeting which enhance personalization and relevancy to each customer.
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Senior Consultant is responsible for optimizing data using SQL and building out trigger campaigns using Salesforce Marketing Cloud that focus on specific consumer behaviors the team are trying to impact, measuring performance and conversion.
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Senior Consultant focus on consumer retention, acquisition, and conversion, as well as health behaviours, using SQL to create campaign automation as well as analyze performance and control groups.
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Senior Consultant work closely with internal stakeholders and the wider marketing and digital analytics teams to make recommendations on new ways to innovate campaign strategies to capture a wider and more loyal audience.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Lead project teams to execute all project implementation phases including project planning, requirements gathering, solution design, development, system, and user testing, deployment, training, and post-go-live support
- Provide project teams with best practices based on experience as well as current Vantage Point standards May act as a liaison between partners, clients, and technical teams • Be the first level of escalation for external client and project team Lead process-driven customer conversations and workshops related to sales processes, customer service, marketing automation, and operational processes and any other process as necessary to support the client
- Effectively translate customer needs into functional and/or technical, well-organized, documented project requirements and/or user stories as needed to support a successful project outcome
- Effectively translate and communicate customer requirements and/or user stories into solutions that enable the customer to achieve its goals as needed to support a successful project outcome
- Ensure all necessary project deliverables are completed using Vantage Point standards Complete and maintain all project management deliverables using Vantage Point standards Work within a team to produce on-time, high quality, scalable and suitable services, and deliverables
- Contribute to a collaborative team environment by encouraging and leading solution brainstorming, internal knowledge sharing and skill development Participate in design, development, testing, and documentation of scalable, high-quality business solutions on the Salesforce.com platform optimizing declarative functionality as needed to support a successful project outcome Recommend alternate approaches and analyze impacts and facilitate sizing estimate process
- Facilitate client requirements and design sessions Conduct unit, integration, and performance testing and work closely with users for user acceptance testing as needed to support a successful project outcome
- Analyzing and mitigate bugs and issues as needed to support a successful project outcome Participate in design and code reviews
- Support release planning and deployment Provide client training support Manage customer relationships and day-to-day interactions & escalations
- Define project short and long-term goals, identify success criteria, and coordinate client and delivery resource roles and responsibilities
- Drive delivery teams to produce on-time, high quality, scalable and suitable services, and deliverables Contribute to pre-sales customer scoping sessions with the Sales Team as necessary
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master degree or above in IT, Engineering, Business Administration / Economics or others
- 4+ years IT experience
- Experience with product positioning, leveraging feature to benefit analysis • Understanding of business processes and methodologies, including in-depth knowledge of one business sector
- Understanding of Agile and Waterfall's methodology Familiarity with cloud-based, enterprise-level packaged applications
- Experience leading customer facing discussions, at department head level
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
- Excellent strategic thinking
- Ability to consultatively engage with customers and to quickly make complex decisions
- Team spirit - being able to work within regional and international level teams
- Fluent English, written and spoken;
- Open for travelling- up to 25%;
- One or more of the following Salesforce Certifications: Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator and/or Marketing Cloud Email Specialist certification
- HTML / CSS: Familiar with responsive design coding practices and ability to debug rendering issues
- Knowledge of other marketing automation solutions such as Adobe Marketing Cloud
- Advisory experience on Salesforce Marketing Cloud integrations to external platforms - Cloud solutions, Web Analytics, Advertising platforms Expert level understanding of declarative development of Salesforce Marketing Cloud capabilities
- Extensive experience using the Marketing Cloud Automations Studio and AMPscript Knowledge & experience of Mobile Studio and Email Studio, Journey Builder, Ad Studio, Audience Studio, and Datorama, Marketing Cloud Social Studio and Audience builder, Contact Builder, Content Builder, Web Studio, Advertising Studio, Personalization Builder, Analytics Builder, Interaction Studio
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning.
- Day off in your birthday
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.