SEO Senior Associate
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Our UK SEO team was founded in the Summer of 2017 and after extensive growth we stand as a team of almost 30 with even more ambitious growth plans. As an SEO Senior Associate, you will support on delivering complex SEO projects for clients, while supporting the growth of the department through development of best practice, training materials, and cross-department initiatives.
Life as a SEO Senior Associate at Merkle
· Working closely with account leads the Senior Associate will develop and drive the tactical initiatives designed to successfully achieve Merkle clients' SEO goals
· Engaging a 'problem-solving' mindset for challenges, you will manage time effectively, communicate clearly, and QA thoroughly to ensure work is on time and of the highest standard
· Providing regular updates on timeline, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis and other follow-up items
· Extracting insight from campaign data, to identify relevant trends and provides well-developed proactive recommendations to enhance and exceed overall client search marketing goals and objectives
· Working closely with key team members including, but not limited to, Management, SEO Technicians and Specialists, as well as team members in other functions, to ensure client success
· Helping wider SEO team develop their skills, through trainings and mentoring junior associates
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What we are looking for in you
· Experience within an SEO focused role ideally within an agency environment
· Ideally you would have previous experience within managing or mentoring more junior members of the team
· Passion about the world of SEO with a keen interest in becoming an industry leading expert
· Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
· Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
· Experience with HTML editing, FTP, and CMS programs is a plus
· Additional language skills are a plus
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.