Media Account Director (Retail Media Network)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Open to remote applicants in the US! Ability to work EST required.
Merkle is seeking a Digital Media Account Director with an established network to work on an exciting retail media network, developing and managing this practice from the ground up as part of our New Stream Media capability. Your understanding of the retail media landscape, CPG, the changing needs of the eRetail community, and shifting consumer sentiment will be essential to excelling in this role. You will report into the SVP Media Solutions, New Stream Media and e-Retail, and perform a mix of sales and strategic sales planning which includes:
Brand Relationship Development
You will develop brand relationships across your department (CPG). This includes creating customized advertising solutions, leading brand education events, and working with brands throughout the campaign to ensure KPIs are met. You will also work with brands on annual commitments to the RMN and sharing innovation roadmaps to secure investments.
Go-to-Market strategy for new ad solutions
You will work with media teams on innovation, including driving new ad solutions from feedback in the market and determining how to best position these solutions through key messaging, identifying key buyers and creative visualization, etc.
Sales Materials Evolution & Events Management
You will provide regular updates of sales materials to include category insights, case studies, ad solutions, key messages and unique buyer needs. You will manage and develop sales events, both virtual and in-person, all while tracking pipeline and quantifying value of attendance at events.
You will also . . .
- Consistently reach established revenue targets by managing a team of sellers, responsible for building relationships with key media executives and decision makers
- Actively manage a sales pipeline, providing regular financial updates and projections (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual) to management team
- Establish & maintain process to manage the sales process – including meetings, Request for Proposal (RFP) response/review, negotiations, close, up-sell and renew opportunities
- Refine and manage process to enable Sales & Media teams to collaboratively, enhancing client relationships & driving business
- Create streamlined communication with various internal teams to properly execute on solutions
- Coach & enhance team members to build strong business pipeline to support sales goals before, during and after business is won
- Keep up to date with industry trends that are relevant to targeted vertical markets, as well as general media news
- Attend industry events and conferences
- BA/BS degree and 8+ years of media account management experience in the digital media space
- eRetail/Retail Media Network experience with CPG brands
- Understanding of the digital media space: programmatic, paid social, search
- Solid track record in achieving goals with outstanding execution, problem solving skills, resourcefulness, and creativity
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, outgoing personality, and strong presentation skills
- Proven sales, negotiation, account management, follow-up, and time management skills
- Extremely responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment
- Understanding of programmatic & social ecosystems, as well as ad tech & mar tech platforms
- Familiarity with retail media networks & retailers co-op environments, profitability opportunities
- Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively and independently while being collaborative with support teams
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.