Data Technical Consultant (Customer Data Platform)
We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in EMEA; we have made several acquisitions, secured incredible new premises and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
This is a technical role, which could be based in Barcelona, Gijon or the UK, and you will work directly with clients as a technical expert on Marketing Technology solutions, becoming their trusted technical adviser, validating the solution architecture, and working with them to maximise the value of their investment.
We are seeking experience of working as a technical consultant on complex Customer Data Platform implementations with strong consultancy skills. This expert will own the technology solution throughout the software implementation lifecycle from project kick off to delivery and on-going support.
This is a client facing role where you will assist and validate the solution architecture in specific technical areas as well as the overall solution. The role is a blend of software implementation and configuration with responsibility for providing innovative, value-add marketing technology solutions.
Life as a Data Technical Consultant at Merkle
- You will be part of 20 highly skilled consultants, there is not much we don’t know about software implementation!
- The team is UK and Spain based and regularly gets together for lunch and learn knowledge sharing sessions, we value collaboration and encourage innovation
- The team is experienced in many different software technologies, you will have the option to cross train and enhance your knowledge
- You will be responsible for the ownership of the technical implementation
- You will work on diverse projects across virtually every sector
- We will invest in the training you need to develop your career, both technical and soft skills
What we are looking for in you
- At least 2 - 4 years’ client facing experience
- Experience working with SQL and ETL process (delta vs full, scheduling, type of exports)
- Experience working with APIs - preferably SOAP and REST based APIs
- Experience working with a Customer Data Platform (such as Adobe Experience Platform, Tealium CDP, Exponea or Everage)
- Experience with data ingestion/sources, identity set-up, data model configuration, consent management, single view of the consumer and destinations
- Ability to understand an architecture design: Data flows (batch/real-time), Data Model, ERD, Microservices concept and HTTP APIs
- Knowledge on how to use a Git repository preferred
- Experience of working on large scalable global multi-channel solutions preferable
- Experience in peer reviewing implementations
- Experience in producing Run book or Client handover documentation
- An understanding on the main concepts of QA
- An understanding of the Marketing Technology concepts (marketing automation, web analytics, personalization, AdServer and paid media)
- Curiosity to deliver innovative solutions to drive customer satisfaction
- Any certifications with a CDP tool would be an added advantage
- Any line management experience is an added advantage
- Be prepared to travel or work on Client/Partner site when required, including other regions and abroad
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning.
- Breakfast Box on your birthday.
- Fruit, coffee, tea, cookies available in the office.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.