MERKLE – COME DREAM, DO, DELIVER WITH US
Merkle combines being close to you with a worldwide presence. We are more than 240 colleagues here in Copenhagen joined in the global Merkle with 11,000+ people. For years Merkle has been a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. Furthermore, we are part of dentsu - one of the world's largest agency networks – giving us even more leverage and resources to tap into. But size is not all. In Merkle our mission is to help clients better serve their customers. More than anything else it requires skills, passion and cooperation to be able to do that.
Merkle launched in Denmark in 2021. You might know us as Magnetix/Isobar.
DATA ENGINEER WITH EXPERIENCES IN MICROSOFT AZURE
You know all about data. You possess a technical mindset combined with strong communication skills; and are you energised by complex data problem-solving. If so? Then maybe you are our new team member…
We are looking for a new colleague with experience in data engineering and the Microsoft Azure environment to join our Data & Analytics department. Someone who is passionate about creating world-class data and analytical solutions in partnership with like-minded colleagues and clients, that enable the deployment of enhanced customer experience.
Through innovative ways of using data & processes you will help our clients understand the full relevance of their data assets and translate these into actionable decisions that help drive business value within all their customer interactions.
Working on a variety of exciting and challenging client projects, all with a focus around delivering enhanced customer experience; you will contribute to improve the data management of our customers to help them achieve their goals. Activities will vary from project to project, but will encompass making data fit for purpose and readily available, via services such as: creating relevant ETL processes; data manipulation; managing data processes, infrastructure and pipelines; manage data connections to other systems via API integrations, manage data quality & accuracy, implementing data solution (e.g. data-lakes). Furthermore you will support the deployment of these within a variety of platforms / tools; working in close collaboration with your department, the customer team you are part of - with account directors, project managers; as well as other creative and technical competence functions across the agency.
You are already a driven and experienced engineer specialised in the data & analytics world, but are now looking for new opportunities to develop and further your career. As a pre-requisite, you will have:
- 5+ years of real-world experience in a data engineering or data management role
- Experience with data architecture, data management / engineering methodology and Data Integration platforms
- Solid background in data modelling and developing ETL-flows
- Strong experience with Azure data cloud architecture / technologies
- Experience of using modern methods and tools - e.g. CI/CD, DevOps and Git
- Experience with data cataloguing
- QA and Governance understanding
- In-depth knowledge of SQL / databases / no SQL
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, or related discipline
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills
- Take initiative and is committed to continuously improving our working methods
- Work well both independently and as part of a team (both locally & remotely)
Desired (but not necessary):
- Experience of working within a consultancy or agency
- Experience of implementing data-lake solutions
- Familiarity with decisioning tools / engines
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques (e.g. Python, R)
- Familiarity with marketing & sales tools (e.g. Salesforce, Adobe) and processes
- Fluent in one of the Scandinavian languages
FEEL THE SPIRIT - AND BECOME A PART OF IT
We are a great lot of dedicated people here in Copenhagen, and while Merkle surely means something different to everyone, it is indeed quite unique. We make room for you to be yourself and room to become even more. And so, you will be an important part of our culture and a spirit that we always take good care of. In fact, taking care of each other, our clients and the world we live in is very important to us. If you want to join us and dedicate yourself to your nearest colleagues, the teams you will be part of, the projects you will work on and the clients you will work for, we will treat you with…
- A great workplace in the middle of the city
- The chance to think beyond all bounds - both in your day-to-day activities and in your career
- A fun, varied work-day with lots of challenging tasks
- The sharpest and sweetest colleagues in the industry
- Denmark's best cuisine with excellent breakfast and lunch - every day
- Friday bar, wine club, running club, great parties and events