Lead Technical Consultant (SFMC)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Role based in either London, Barcelona or Gijon
We're looking for a proactive, enthusiastic, and creative Developer for Salesforce Marketing Cloud to integrate into our growing teams working across a diverse mix of clients.
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer role is a unique hybrid of business and technical consultancy with the ability to operate as a technical lead focusing on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud. As the technical consultant for multiple client projects, this person is responsible for the successful onboarding and overall technological direction for those projects and works as a liaison between the account management and operations team to design and deliver high quality, scalable technical solutions. The successful candidate will be able to display thought leadership, technical prowess, and the ability to manage cross-division, cross-functional teams from project inception to completion.
Life as a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer at Merkle
As part of your daily work, you will:
- Demonstrate technical expertise while scoping and driving the creation of marketing and data solutions, ETL, platform configuration, APIs, MC Connect and other platform development.
- Lead discovery workshops, gather business, marketing, and technical requirements in order to craft a comprehensive and scalable solution.
- Create architecture diagrams and flow charts on both system architecture and detailed solution levels.
- Document the technical solution design of the Marketing Cloud following the requirements gathering.
- Own delivery tasks from initial scoping, planning and requirements analysis, through to discovery, design, development, testing and deployment
- Ensure alignment of business requirements with Merkle standards and policies, and with industry best practices.
- Architect data feeds, platform configuration, and components needed to run complex automated email campaigns.
- Proactively identify and resolve problems including client data feed issues and recommend appropriate courses of action
- Stay abreast of industry technology innovations, new business practices, and third-party technology solutions.
- Help us continuously improve by identifying, creating, and enhancing internal systems and processes based on recurring client requests or evolving industry standards.
- Act as a consultant and technical expert on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud to serve clients’ needs.
- Stay ahead of the curve with MarTech innovations, educate yourself and enable others on current and emerging technologies
What we are looking for in you:
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer and Consultant Certifications
- Experience implementing SFMC projects, from scoping to implementation (either as an external agent or in-house), ideally for two or more separate organisations
- It is anticipated the candidate will have circa 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience with advanced industry-specific Marketing Cloud technology and processes required, including MC Connect, configuring ETL automations, REST/SOAP API integrations and CloudPages.
- Exposure to Sales Cloud and ideally to Service Cloud, Audience Studio, C360, Interaction Studio and Datorama
- Technical background (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or work in a similar field)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team development skills; ability to interact with people of varying backgrounds, technical abilities, languages, and cultures
- Excellent presentation and verbal skills with technical, non-technical, end-user, and executive audiences
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic working environment, learn quickly and solve problems
- Ability to interpret technical and business objectives and needs
Solid understanding of:
- Solution design and architecture
- Relational database concepts, with exposure to SQL
- Data management, segmentation, and ETL best practices
- Scripting and query development
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning.
- Day off in your birthday
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.