Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
DataBridge is the backend engine powering the Merkury platform, connecting Merkle’s people-based insights to the digital advertising ecosystem.
As a software engineer, you will be working with a team to continuously improve the tech stack in three key areas: Scale, reach and efficiency.
- Scale – DataBridge currently deals with datasets in the billions of rows. You’ll use cutting-edge Big Data tools like EMR and Snowflake to analyze and process an ever-growing dataset.
- Reach – DataBridge currently integrates with over 50 publishers, including Google and Facebook. You’ll develop software workflows to communicate with 3rd party APIs as well as develop internal APIs for data exchange.
- Efficiency – Budgets always dictate the schedule, so we make the most of auto-scaling and continuous improvement through automated feedback. You’ll use Kubernetes and AWS features like Lambda and spot instances to squeeze the most out of our infrastructure.
Key Skills and Experience
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent education and work experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in a software development role
- Experience using Java (v8+) in modern, collaborative environments like Maven and Git
- Scripting experience using Python or similar a plus
- Experience working in Agile teams a plus
- Strong SQL skills – able to not only interface with databases in code but to analyze data and detect anomalies
- Familiarity with AWS services, specifically EC2, S3 and Elastic Beanstalk
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.