Manager US Product, Contract Management
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. In 2016, Merkle became an agency of dentsu.
Role is responsible for providing operational support across Product landscape, including:
- Contract Development and Authoring:
- Applies best practices to develop contracts (Statements of Work, Amendments, Letters of Authorization) for various types of identity, data, and other product engagements in the marketing domain.
- Ensure the identification of opportunities to minimize contract risk and coordinate commercial risk mitigation measures.
- Drafting and/or reviewing contracts in compliance with company policy and vendor/supplier terms. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Prepare contract/commercial risk assessments and deliver contract briefings to business unit/service line leadership, as required
- Coordinate the drafting, review and proper execution of all contracts with BUs, service lines, IT,HR, Legal and Finance, as applicable
- Contract processing and Tracking:
- Follow contract management process controls to verify contract documents are fully approved and vetted internally before presenting to the client.
- Responsible for timely processing of contract activities against established service levels through Salesforce tool and manage dashboard metrics.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance of appropriate strategic commercial approach, based on contract type (i.e. Retainer, Deliverables, T&M);
- Support and become expert in Salesforce, the contract management system of record, for cataloguing and tracking all contracts, approvals, storage of fully executed contracts
- Assist in negotiating, structuring, and management of contractual documents that establish the business relationship with clients, subcontractors, vendors and/or partners, as applicable.
- Provide on-demand contractual clarifications / position statements to project team members as required
- Revises documents for adherence to company policy/position statements, and advises on contractual rights and obligations, and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Process and Template Development:
- Collaborate with service lines to fully understand the products and/or services being provided and develop contract document templates.
- Assists in coordination of template updates and approvals with the centralized repository of legal documents.
- Monitor and recommend adjustments to commercial strategies, position statements, and contractual terms based on audits, market conditions, and changes in law.
- Other areas of responsibility:
- Establish positive and productive relationships with contract requestor(s), service lines, and senior leadership involved in contract process.
- Provides a high-quality service level to all internal and external customers ensuring accuracy, efficiency, and interpretations of contract language, as needed.
- Keen attention to detail, with an ability to spot errors and identify key risk areas in a contract.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including spelling, grammar, and distillation of RFP-like statements into contractual responsibilities/ legal requirements involved with a contract
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in a professional and timely manner with varying seniority levels, including peers, managers/directors and VP/C-level both internal and external.
- Strong ethics, integrity, and values including ability to maintain confidentiality with respect to agreement contents and other highly sensitive business matters and projects required.
- Possess the ability to adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected shifts in priorities while maintaining focus and productivity in a high-volume environment required.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, IT, Paralegal, English, or related field
- Experience preferred in Information Technology, Data, Digital Agency, or similar professional services organization
- 5+ years in Contracts development, Procurement, Risk management, Vendor oversight, Negotiation, Finance, Law, Business, or combination thereof
- Advanced working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint, including PDF to Word conversions, and Word document comparison), and with contract management applications
- Basic knowledge of Salesforce platform and operations
Part of dentsu, dentsu international helps clients to win, keep and grow their best customers and achieve meaningful progress for their businesses. With best-in-class services and solutions in media, CXM, and creative, dentsu international operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists. Follow us on social @dentsuUSA. Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Dentsu is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on dentsu. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a position for which you are applying.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.