Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
The Account Director will be responsible for leading the strategy across key client accounts within their portfolio. Taking a leadership role, this role will demonstrate strong account direction identifying and developing new growth opportunities.
Leading a small team this role will have a lot of autonomy take ownership over the P&L for their client set as well as assist with ad hoc new business projects. Supported by Merkle, DWA continues to grow within the B2B sector recently winning some of the world’s largest technology giants.
Life as an Account Director at DWA, a Merkle company
· Acting in partnership with key clients this role will oversee and manage campaigns, including oversight and development of strategy. Processing a dynamic presence in presentations and other forms of client communication.
· Supporting and mentoring the Account Executives and Account Managers in delivering all campaign planning and implementation.
· Training the Managers and Execs as well as supporting their growth within the team. Managing their training schedule for both internal & external training opportunities.
· Responsible for understanding account profitability, scoping and staffing, and account forecasting. As well as drafting all Scope of Work documents for account campaigns and projects.
· Be a part of internal DWA reporting & analytics conversations, making recommendations of new technologies/abilities which could be relevant for the DWA tech stack.
· Lead senior vendor relationships, understanding of all associated rates and margin, negotiate preferred rates and maintain a partnership role in testing/access to new products and capabilities.
· Link insights to recommendations, optimizations and expansion of client activity.
· Take the initiative for assisting the management team with wider projects as required, including but not limited to DWA product development, industry positioning, award entries and representing DWA at external events.
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Company Pension, Private Medical and other corporate benefits
· Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
· Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
· Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What we are looking for in you
• Direct experience within a client facing role within online Media.
• Experience in leading and developing staff and training programmers.
• Excellent track record of maintaining multiple client engagements at once and presenting growth opportunities to management.
• Build trusting, collaborative relationships with clients of mid to senior levels.
• Capable of serving as a DWA ambassador and demonstrating grace in challenging internal/external scenarios.
• Established relationships with site technology partners, external agencies & clients alike.
• Understand and demonstrate commercial acumen with client scoping, staffing and profitability.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.