Integrated Digital Director
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
As the media industry accelerates in the digital space, the demand for a holistic view across paid media channels is increasing and becoming the future of the media landscape. Merkle’s Integrated Digital Director role is the specialist in connecting digital paid media channels and takes the integrated account leadership role on our core client accounts.
We’re looking for someone passionate about delivering integrated media across paid media channels to join our growing Digital Delivery team. You’ll need to enjoy working as part of a large and diverse team to support your clients to navigate this increasingly complex digital landscape.
The role’s core responsibility involves leading a large media delivery team, overseeing integrated cross-channel strategies and delivery roadmaps to successfully achieve your client’s business objectives. You’ll act as the go-to trusted digital advisor for your clients whilst overseeing high quality delivery and excellence in media activation.
This requires in depth knowledge of Paid Search, Paid Social and Programmatic media channels and platforms, as well as a breadth of understanding of the wider digital landscape and general marketing principles. The role is diverse and requires autonomous time prioritisation to manage your portfolio of client accounts, flawless account management and organisation of a large delivery team and a desire to continuously self-educate in this dynamic digital marketing space.
This role also provides an opportunity to be part of a growing Digital Delivery department within Merkle. You will support the Head of Digital Delivery in driving departmental initiatives forward, collaborate on the strategic development of the integrated media proposition and help to constantly evolve our client servicing.
Life as a Digital Delivery Director at Merkle
- The go-to client facing lead for digital media delivery, building and nurturing long term partnerships with your clients
- Working alongside the Client Services Director and Digital Strategy Director on your accounts as part of the client leadership team.
- Leadership of your cross-channel digital activation team, implementing and managing effective ways of working and processes to achieve your long-term account vision
- Oversee the end to end running of digital media campaigns, from planning through to execution and reporting, ensuring high quality full funnel integrated media
- Understand your client’s long-term business objectives, aligning your digital media strategy to contribute to their overarching goals
- Drive digital media maturity for your client portfolio, keeping up to date with the digital marketing industry and platform updates to identify new opportunities to help your clients grow
- Contribute to departmental initiatives, collaborating on the strategic development of the Digital Delivery integrated media vision, and helping to constantly evolve our client servicing
- Provide thought leadership through award entries, blogs, case studies and events around integrated media strategies and success stories
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
- A passion for cross-channel digital media
- We anticipate the successful candidate will have circa 4+ years’ experience within a digital media function
- Hands on experience with a minimum of two of our core paid media channels: Paid Search, Paid Social, Programmatic
- Proven experience applying strategic thinking to complex campaigns, with a demonstrable track record in achieving and exceeding KPI’s
- Experience of building and nurturing strong client relationships
- Leadership and team management abilities to be able to supervise and support a large account team
- Professional communication and presentation skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritise effectively
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss a flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.