Account Director - Client Success
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 6,600 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
This role is for a dynamic leader who can form strong relationships with our clients and drive value with a passion for problem solving with the best and brightest in health marketing. The Account Director is responsible for implementing, leading and growing client engagement models for one of Merkle’s key strategic accounts in the Health Vertical. The Account Director inspires and motivates a team to deliver high client satisfaction by managing client expectations while driving towards exceeding marketing business goals for the client. The role presents the opportunity to be a key partner with brands that shapes patient experiences in the market today.
- Adapts and executes functional or departmental business plans and contributes to the development of functional or departmental strategies
- Decisions are guided by functional strategies and priorities; also guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from Sr. Leaders
- Makes day-to-day decisions for department
- Works in collaboration with direct reports
- Set priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordination of work responsibilities with other leaders
- Accountable for results of technical or operations teams
- Trains team members and provides input to employee performance evaluations
- Establish and maintain strong, strategic partnerships with the client by ensuring the successful execution of deliverables and putting forth recommendations related to applied strategy using their CRM and/or industry knowledge.
- Manage integration of cross-capability teams including marketing strategy, creative, technology, media, and production to deliver seamless execution of all CRM initiatives
- Plan and implement digital strategies by working closely with marketing strategy team and media agencies
- Consult for digital campaigns that include display, landing pages, online user experiences, online video, email, portal advertising, paid search and social
- Ask questions and think strategically relative to CRM campaigns on topics including creative, production, segment performance and data processing, and results analysis
- Navigate matrixed organization to lead teams across functional areas, ensure all members are meeting deliverables, and resolve all issues both with client and internally relative to all facets of client engagement
- Effectively lead and work with brand marketing strategies that includes diversity and ethnicity strategic objectives for data, creative, and segmentation considerations
Remote considered for this position
- Demonstrated team leadership (internal and client)
- Business acumen to develop and manage budgets/forecasts/pro forma
- Demonstrated collaborative approach to success through partnerships, where individual success is part of team and client success.
- 7 years of experience in client services/account management in an advertising agency, marketing company, or client-side marketing department with a working knowledge of:
- CRM, Digital and data driven marketing
- Relationship/Client Management
- Account Planning and strategy
- Understanding of data analytics for multi-channel results analysis
- Medicare marketing and health insurance plan marketing, either client or agency, experience is preferred in both HCP and Consumer healthcare marketing
- Willingness to travel overnight when needed
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.