Customer Experience Strategist
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial agency or client-side marketer looking for the next step in their career to join our growing team of marketing strategy specialists. You will be part of a diverse team dedicated to providing insight, analysis and strategic vision as well as activation of strategic planning across channels.
You will need experience in developing and delivering contact and content strategies, building cross-channel customer journeys and translating great actionable insights into creative briefs. You will have an innate interest in the data that underpins your strategies and must be naturally curious in the new channels and routes to market to keep our client recommendations at the forefront of industry best practice. Your ability to tell a story will be important to capture the imagination of the client will be as important as understanding the analysis that your strategy is based on.
If you’re someone who likes innovation, we need an energetic self-starter who can quickly build relationships, who can get to the core of the clients’ challenges and deliver insightful, data-led marketing strategies focused on business goals, activated through integrated campaign planning.
Merkle have great relationships with our client base which is founded in the trust of providing deep expertise. The environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also a lot of fun. You will be working in a vibrant team of like-minded professionals with a variety of skills, providing a place to learn and grow your expertise and the opportunity to specialize in an area of your choosing.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What we are looking for in you
- Circa 2 years in client/agency side roles preferably with a focus on contact strategy and/or content
- Some experience in customer journey planning – predominantly direct channels
- Confidence in working alongside our specialist teams to develop and present complex strategies, translating goals and insights into value propositions and connecting your strategy to achievable and coherent activation plans
- Strong foundational understanding of the use of data to both understand audiences and evaluate effectiveness of communications, using this knowledge to plan future campaigns, content requirements and contact rules
- The ability to write and deliver a compelling creative brief to the creative team and be able to objectively evaluate creative responses
- Foundational understanding of the technological capabilities and limitations of different communication channels across Paid Media, On-Site, CRM
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to bring out the “so what”
- A passion for furthering your own skills in order to make our service better
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.