Senior Account Executive
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We’re looking for a Senior Account Executive (SAE) who is interested in developing their career in media and advertising. The SAE will work closely with the Account Managers, Senior Account Managers, and Account Directors to manage client relationships, produce and manage media campaigns, whilst building on their existing media knowledge.
The role is across two of our priority client relationships – Intel and Sky. A minimum of 1 year of relevant industry experience is required.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Account Management
- Manage client project status documents, reviewed with multiple stakeholders weekly
- Work closely with media team colleagues to review deliverables on a daily basis
- Maintain account files and documentation on the server
- Prepare screenshot presentations
- Gather market and media research, and compile competitive spend reports
- Work closely with media and account teams to develop and maintain media plans
- Format, proof, and prepare PowerPoint presentations as needed
- Prepare POVs (point of views) on opportunities presented to us
- Schedule media owner meetings
- Finance & Profitability
- Prepare media authorizations and maintain updates on PO tracker
- Monitor and reconcile client/vendor billing
- Issue insertion orders (IOs) and change orders (COs)
- Maintain client media buy details
- Prepare and maintain online creative traffic masters – gather ad specs to be shared with client/creative agencies
- Manage due dates of tracking reports
- Work with media team colleagues to track online programs – pacing, performance, etc.
- Traffic lead gen assets as needed
- Manage weekly and real-time campaign performance reports
- Prepare and maintain reconciliation reports, including running reports from ad servers to update booking system with current month-end activity
- Collect leads from media partners, and organize, scrub, and prepare summaries as needed
- Internal/Vendor Relationships
- Assist in sending vendor RFPs and collect/organize completed RFPs
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks, and mentorship
· Company Pension, Private Medical, and other corporate benefits
· Free breakfast, fruit, and most importantly, biscuits!
· Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
· Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
· A selection of other industry-standard benefits
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
Qualifications and Experience
· We would expect to see candidates with a minimum of 1 year’s relevant industry experience
· Passion for the paid media advertising industry
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with solid mathematical understanding
· Detail-oriented and organized
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PPT) and ability to adapt to/learn new technologies
· Ability to multitask and prioritize
· Creative and willing to contribute to brainstorming/strategy sessions
· Positive, professional, enthusiastic, and team-oriented attitude
· Related internship/job experience is a huge plus if no previous experience
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.